Here are a few diferences between the Pa1XPRO and the new Korg Pa800 which you may want to consider before you purchase a Pa1XPRO/Elite keyboard:

The Pa800 has 120 note polyphony whilst the Pa1XPRO/Elite has only 62 note polyphony which is rather limited in todays market. Also the Pa800 has USB 2.0 (for 'devices' like thumb drives or external Hard Drives - although it only has USB 1.1 'to host' for connecting to a computer), and whereas the Pa1XPRO/Elite has only USB 1.1 - again another limiting factor especially if you want to load samples into the keyboard from an external source like a thumb drive etc., which can sometimes be very large amounts of sample data. And while were on the topic, the Sample RAM capacity of the Pa800 is twice that of the Pa1XPRO/Elite i.e. 64MB vs. 32MB. With the Pa1XPRO you do get 76 keys vs. the Pa800's 61 keys but you may not need or require those 15 extra keys especially at the Pa1XPRO/Elite's price point which is significantly higher than the Pa800 i.e. almost a thousand dollars more than a Pa800.

Best,
Mike

PS: Still no word from Nigel I see. Could this quirk have happened while he was on vacation and thus he may not even realize yet what happened? Surely he would have chimed in by now if he has indeed checked into to the Forum as recently as today?? Maybe he's visiting relatives "down under"? That is a long flight from Ventura, CA. by the way.

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 05-22-2007).]