So I finally made a decision. I don't want to spend much more than 2000 euro for the mixer and audio interface. This in combination with Tascams limitation of 48 KHz sample rate made me decide to go for an analog mixer that gives me surround recording capabilities as well as little noise in the signal. At the same time I realised I want quality PC drivers for the audio interface.

Therefor my final decision was:

Mixer:
Mackie 1604-VLZ Pro

Audio interface:
RME Fireface 800

I would have chosen the Yamaha MG series analog mixers but because of the lack of direct outs I chose not to. I chose to not go for the Behringer MX9000 either because I felt Mackie gives me better recording quality and overall quality and I have 8 direct outs on the Mackie mixer plus inserts on every channel and Extended Dynamic Range premium studio-grade mic preamps on every channel which I figured gives me even more than the Behringer MX9000 gives me. I feel that this is the best choice for me on this kind of a budget. It is also very handy at 20 lbs and has a well made manual! If I am very satisified with this setup and need to expand in the future I can duplicate the setup. I also thought that in the future when I want to go digital all the way, this mixer will be great for live usage when I want great quality sound live while the RME Fireface boards can be used together with a 32 channel digital mixer to get 192KHz/24-bit all the way.

Thank you all for helping me with this decision!

Best regards,
YamahaAndy

[This message has been edited by YamahaAndy (edited 03-08-2005).]