Folks I was just thinking..., I've listened to so many demos from the top notch keyboards like the SD-1, 9000 Pro, Tyros, PA-80, VA series ect, and I thought to myself, geez the sounds on these keyboards are so lifelike.. With good recording gear, and a talented player it's so hard to tell the difference with the digital instruments now.. Take the Tyros mega voices, (which I also understand the SD-1 is comparable to), and really listen to those sounds.. When I heard the guitar demos from the Tyros I almost fell out of my chair.. Being a guitar player I'm always picky about how a guitar sound is on a keyboard, and it's just amazing how realistic the sounds are now on these keyboards.. With all the technology we have now, how much more can they actually do to improve the sounds in the future... What will we be comparing sounds to 5 years from now... I just can't see now much further they can go.. Eventually they're going to get to the point of sampling the sound to the highest quality, and then where from there.. How much, or should I say how "more real" can they get the keyboards to sound???? Granted styles are alawys going to improve because of the times, but the guitar, piano, strings, and other standard instruments have the same sound as they always did.. What more can they do to the acoustic voices on a keyboard after they reach the level of "true sound"???? Any thoughts on this one???

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.