A couple of days ago (Monday), I was just getting ready to record & post a Christmas song, when fellow Synthzone buddy, John North (UK) from the Technics forum, contacted me on Skype to tell me about a new (recent) song entitled: "Nine Million Bicycles In Beijing", written & sung by UK pop singer sensation, Katie Melua .

John suggested, perhaps because of its asian pop flavor sound, that I might be interested in recording it on my Tyros2. Immediately after hearing it, I was excited to record my rendition of it, even though I of course realize it imcomparable to Katie's Melua's wonderful original. Because no sheet music or leadsheet is yet available, I had to pick it up completely by ear, listening to the MP3 of the original CD cut. I performed & recorded it on my Tyros2 in auto accompaniment mode utilizing the Tyros2's "ContempPopBld" style. Hope you guys enjoy my 'quickly put together' rendition of this beautiful contemporary love song.

To listen:
Go to my WEBSITE: Scott Yee Entertainment
then Click on the "Song Demos" page link.
"Nine Million Bicycles In Beijing" is located in the "Classic Ballads" Section. Both DSL & 56K dialup versions are available.

Side note: This song composition was inspired when Katie Melua and friends were on a trip in China, and their tour guide pointed out that, believe it or not, there actually are, over nine million bicycles in Beijing:

Ok, I hope to find time in the midst of this hectic holiday schedule, to record and post a Christmas song next.

Happy Holidays to all,

Scott