Man sorry to hear that. I got to be honest with you guys, now that I have this space at the new house to construct a personal studio I have scratched the PSR-3000, and probably all Yamaha arrangers off my list. I do agree that Yammie has the edge in the "bang for buck department", but in my opinion they severly lack in the overall "construction" quality. When I had my short run with the PSR-2000 I was quite happy with the sounds and features of that board. It was a joy to play (minus the problems I had), but man I was shocked at the quality of the construction on that keyboard. I did notice one button under the display (as talked about before regarding button quality) took a few extra presses at times. Also I was really thrown off by the quality of the pitchbend and modulation wheels. I don't know what type of spring they use, but man it really feels cheap and not solid. You need a smooth return action on the pitch wheel and the 2000 didn't have this. It appears the 3000 has the same wheels, and I'm quite sure their still using the same type of contacts with the buttons.

The way I see it is if I'm going to spend $1,500 on a keyboard I expect at that price for the board to have a solid construction. For less money you can get a Roland Fantom Xa, which is a really nice board (one on my list for consideration along with the new Alesis Fusion). Anyways the Roland is less and man the contruction is much more solid compared to the $1,500 PSR.

I never thought I'd find the joy I did in a Casio, but somehow I did. My 3500 is such a joy to play. It may be a cheaper board, but it surprises me all the time. It's pitchbend and modulation wheel are much better and more responsive than the PSR's. Even though it has the old style (rubber buttons), I've found over the years those types of buttons to be really reliable. Plus being able to load new samples (WOW). I've got this sample of a Steinway in my Casio that is AWSOME.

Anyways sorry to rant on there. There just seems to be a lot of complaints about the PSR's regarding the reliability of the machines. When members such as mr82thebar say they had (2) PSR-3000's with bad motherboards, and (4) (GEEEZZZZ OH MAN 4) Tyros keyboards that had problems!!!! That I think really says something because he's not alone.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.