paul and leon, Thanks for the input. yes Paul, I am a solo act playing the piano and singing. I can never quite hear myself as good as I'd like and it's getting frustrating. I've done the old criss cross routine, but many times, the speakers are 20-30 feet out and not behind me. I've sat in front of them too, but most times, it is at a wedding reception, with 100-200 people talking and conversing during the dinner portion...talking can be very loud, and to keep it soft for them, it makes it difficult for me to hear. I have never considered the sub mixer. I have a mackie mixer with digital effects, and a berengher back-up mixer which sits idle every night. I may try that with ear buds, and actually, I have been looking into getting custom molds for my ears. Only draw back is the age old debate....do I feel separated from the crowd as I play....in most instances, Iwould really like it quiet so I can hear my instrumental pieces and feel the music better. Most of my playing is during the dinner hour anyhow, so I am background music for the most part....I would think the ear buds would be great instead of a floor wedge that sticks out like a soar thumb. I liked EV's little monitor that hooks to the mike boom also....Trial and error, but I'm leaning towards the ear buds....Thanks again
Brian