Hi Nardon
I agree, Wersi are expensive when you look at the price of computers today, but I still think there worth every penny/Euro/Dollar.
Unfortunately Wersi are paying the price of being first, for the reasons below.
1. Wersi were one of if not the first, to bring this idea to market in 2000, (Although development started in the late nineties) and the only Operating System that was suitable at the time was from Microsoft, (Apple was a closed system and Linux was to primitive at this stage) and so they have to pay Bill Gates his License fee. (To maintain compatibility of the instrument, you have to stick with the OS you first chose)
2. Compared to today, the computers of 2000 were not very powerful at all, and so Wersi had to use a separate processing card, (OEM version of the Creamware Pulsar) to be able to achieve the results required, and these cards (2 were eventually required) were about £500 apiece, the very latest instruments use just 1 card based on Creamware's latest technology, and so now only costs £600 instead of £1000.
As modern computers get more powerful, then Wersi are working to get all the processing done by the CPU, so they will be able to dispense with the cards completely.
3. Research and Development costs a lot of money, which the big manufactures can easily recoup by shifting loads of instruments, (So they don’t need to make such a large profit on each instrument) Wersi being a small company don’t have this luxury and so have to charge more to recoup the cost.
By the way Wersi prices have not risen for a long time, in spite of all the new software advancements that have been incorporated.

Bill