Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I'm sure the Bose PAS will be an ideal choice for many people out there, but just not for me, at least not currently.

Scott

At least not until Cliff at Bose (the guy who created the PAS) figures out how to eliminate "phase cancellation" when using Stereo Samples on a Keyboard through the PAS.

That would truly be a feather in his cap if he or anybody else could do it. Nobody since Stereo hit the scene has been able to do so thus far.

I wouldn't put it beyond the scope of doable. It's just that the technology to do it hasn't been discovered yet. But that's not to say it won't be discovered.

In the mean time, if you want to use a single PAS system just make sure you use Mono Piano Samples and no other Stereo sampled instruments on the Keyboard. Either that; or be like UD and don't be a connoisseur of good rich full bodied sound but just settle for less than what could "and should" be. In other words, just settle for weak, thin, tinny, brittle, harsh, non-acoustical, clanging, boisterous, clunking, un-natural, un-lifelike sound.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 03-20-2004).]