My Tyros is connected through USB to my computer running MS W98. I used to be able to send files to my Tyros but it stopped working. I reinstalled the Yamaha driver, but my PC simply does not see the Tyros anymore. I tested the USB cable and this works fine. I even deleted the files that are installed with the driver but W98 does not see new hardware. Can anyone please help me?

07-04-2003

OK, another Sunday wasted on this problem.
I reinstalled my PCI USB card. I uninstalled the Yamaha driver and i deleted all the Yamaha entries from the registry.
Still no succes.

I resetted the Tyros to the factory settings
and finally W98 sees new hardware. Installing the driver and setting the midi settings. Midi in and midi out both available. But unfortunately no Tyros devices show up in the file utility.

Power off and on on the Tyros and the driver disappears again from my device list on the PC. Rebooting PC doesn't show it again and i am back to where i was.

I am using the Yamaha USB driver 1.22.
It all seems very unstable to me.

Does anyone know if the Yamaha driver is or should be available in the hardware device list on the PC if the Tyros is not connected?

I also used a notebook with W2K professional and i installed the Yamaha 1.61 driver.
Only 1 midiport USB out is available. No midi in. Can't get the file utility working either. I suppose i am stupid.

I even tried a different USB cable.

[This message has been edited by erwintouw (edited 04-07-2003).]

[This message has been edited by erwintouw (edited 04-07-2003).]