I went to a local music store today to see what keyboards they had, and was able to check out this new Casio CTK-671. I was really impressed with this little keyboard. The sound quality of this board is way better than Casio's WK series. I remember reading somewhere in an article where it says the new CTK-671 has a sound set that used the MZ-2000 technology, and they were right! I'm a former owner of the MZ-2000 and I can honestly say I heard that big dogs voices come through quite well on the CTK-671. The piano actually sounded really good. The saxes were quite good too. I was confused though. I don't understand why casio didn't use the MZ-2000 voice technology on the WK series. The WK's have way more bells and whistles than the
CTK-671, yet the CTK sounds much better. The ONLY voice on the WK series that was taken from the MZ-2000 is a voice not even on the main voice list, but actually one of the special voices and that was one of the breathy saxes. I thought the CTK was almost perfect for the price range, and my only complaint about it was that it lacked a pitchbend wheel. I would recommend this board to any beginner who wants an affordable keyboard with good sounds for a low price. You can't go wrong with this one. You can also download new sounds, patterns, and songs directly to the keyboard from the internet... Nice little feature...

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.