Hello Mambomatze,

I too would like to know if the PA80 shares the Triton Sounds (in FULL that is), and whether the Karma/Triton are the same as well (minus the sampler that is) I've heard good reports about the Korg Karma on Harmony Central, with users giving it 10 out of 10 for everything (great sounds easy to use etc), and not too far below, you hear someone else talk about it like it is a load of rubbish (1/10 they give). Black & White...very contrasting. Makes you wonder who is right! (Your own "ears" could be the answer here I think).

Mambomatize, it is true that the PSR has Just 16 MB of Wave Rom, as opposed to KORG’s 32 MB ROM, and It seems to show as well when listening to the demo's (very thick paddy sounds etc on the PA80). Other "ROM" Stats are: Roland VA7 48 MB, PSR 9000 32, Pro 9000 48, KN6500 (my keyboard 48 (now upgraded to 64), KN5000 16 MB, , Triton/Karma 32 MB

On Sounds, I wouldn't hesitate to elect for the PA80 over the Yamaha PSR 2000. And with operation 3.0 out soon (as I posted a while back HERE , it has a great future I believe. The Organs sound very good on the PA80 (I have a Korg CD at home from a MAG, and it demonstrates sounds you probably haven't heard, and very good they are too!). The "Dance" sound on the PA80 is really so professional, you would expect to only hear it from a Triton itself...but they all seem to there in the PA80.

I am all for getting a keyboard with great sounds, and THEN sorting out the styles (if you don't REALLY like the onboard ones too much), because you can always download styles. Rhythms etc from the Internet, and Create your own. However, with the sounds, your are stuck with the samples you have, even if you can edit them a little (and the PA80 is going to have a sampler included in Operation version 3.0 I believe)

The Organ sounds on the PSR 2000 may be there from the 9000 (not sure), but with 16 MB of ROM, corners will have been cut, and my guess is: you won't know till you've had it a while! ...And then you will find Discrepancies - at over £1000 less, you will.

With My KN6500, I don't need to worry about either of these (fortunately), and the sounds compliment the Rhythms very well indeed (especially the new KN6500 Rhythms).

Mambomatze, While your around, can you give me a rundown of the Karma? Was it very good? - and how did it blend into the Arranger keyboards?

Thanks

J5

[This message has been edited by Jupiter5 (edited 11-06-2001).]