Here you'll find a collection of MKS-80 patchbank files in
'raw' SysEx format.
If you have created some awesome sounds and are
willing to share,
you can email your SysEx file(s) to mailto:email@example.com?subject=MKS-80
How to load these patchbanks into your MKS-80
- Use the SysEx view of your sequencer or a utility program like
WinSysEx or Midi-OX and load the patchbank and Send Dump message.
- On the MKS-80 set the Midi Function switch to 'III' and the Protect
switch in the 'Off' position, the Cartridge/MIDI switch to 'MIDI', and
the Memory Area switch to 'Int'.
- Now hold the Midi Channel button while you press Bank #1 to set the
Midi receive channel to 1.
- Hold the Load button and press Write to load all banks. The MKS-80
display will now read 'LOADING'.
- Transmit the Send Dump message and wait a few milliseconds :)
- Transmit the patchbank
specs patches software links