SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#506635 - 09/27/22 02:22 PM Re: Are arrangers designed by players? [Re: Bernie9]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By Bernie9
Great post Diki,

You, of course, bring up deficiencies I wouldn't be aware of, but I am sure some would. On a layman's level, I have seen omissions and missteps myself through the years. You mention the BK-9s potential, which I agree with. It had most everything including a killer Leslie sim. Some hated the two small windows, but I looked past that to see two disparate sets of information. What I became tired of was the lack of balance in most every style. This ,however, sure didn't stop Bill Lewis though.

I just had to throw this in because I felt bad about selling it. Maybe I should have persevered and slogged through and balanced everything myself. Oh well.

Thanks Bernie I'm still loving the BK9. I have yours in my studio and my first one packed up for gigs. I don't mind editing Styles and SMF's and the organ section is great. It would take a lot for me to change platforms at this point

#506638 - 09/28/22 10:26 AM Re: Are arrangers designed by players? [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Having tried editing styles and sequences on most brands except Ketron, I am beginning to understand why so few try to do it..! Except Roland users.

Why the Makeup Tools workflow isn’t on everything I’ll never understand. Editing a style’s sounds, dynamics and drum kit on everything else takes hours. Korg make you do it individually for not only each division, but also each chord type within a division..! Roland does it globally. Takes a few minutes.

As I’ve been trying to say… if a feature is designed well, it becomes popular. If it isn’t, most players will try and say it isn’t popular. Design makes the difference.

I also have two BK-9’s. I doubt I will ever want a different arranger. I know what I need, it covers my needs perfectly, and the amount of work to migrate to a completely different brand would be Herculean. For live band work, the Hammond is my workhorse sound, and this little light arrangers does it better than all others, IMHO.

Stick a fork in me. I’m done! 🎹😎

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online