SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#506616 - 09/23/22 09:33 PM Re: The Yamaha product gap [Re: Diki]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
The iPad app 'unrealBook' can also do this (MIDI commands to call up Registrations). If anyone here needs help on how to do this, send me a message and I can help out. I have done is successfully and love not having to mess with finding/loading Registrations 'manually' anymore, when using the iPad and the unrealBook app that is . . .

-Jim

#506617 - 09/24/22 04:37 AM Re: The Yamaha product gap [Re: jimlaing]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Thanks Jim, I’ll check into that.

Edited by rikkisbears (09/24/22 08:14 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#506619 - 09/24/22 11:20 AM Re: The Yamaha product gap [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If you go iPad, you’ll have to find a way to ‘cast the picture to your monitor if you want sheet music big enough to be readable for older eyes…

I rather think the laptop is your better solution if you want to HDMI to a nice monitor.

But if you have an iPad Pro, that might work as a mobile solution as long as you don’t want to display two adjacent pages at the same time (my preference when reading multi-page scores).

Not sure if UnReal Book runs on both laptop and iPad, OnSong is iPad only, but will network to a laptop for display. Both apps are very mature and well supported. But if no iPad, you might want to research PC programs that do the same thing (I’m only Mac, can’t help much with the Dark Side of the Force!)

#506624 - 09/24/22 08:13 PM Re: The Yamaha product gap [Re: Diki]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Diki,
I actually bought Unreal Book quite a while back, when I was just using my SX900 on its own. At that stage I could still read the iPad, but , after stacking the sx and piano, the music rest being that few extra inches away, the screen became a blurr, so I went back to my sheet music.

I sent off for an hdmi adapter for my iPad/monitor, if it works, I’ll have the option of using the laptop or the iPad. In many ways the iPad would suit better as long as the display is as good as I get from the laptop.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#506628 - 09/25/22 11:48 AM Re: The Yamaha product gap [Re: Diki]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
You’ll have to make sure that the adapter has a pass-through option, as it will need to send USB/MIDI off to the arranger as well as sending video to the monitor.

All in all, the laptop is probably the most flexible solution.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online