SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#502701 - 04/24/21 06:51 PM Re: psr 1000 won't remember registrations [Re: Diki]
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Diki, I was a repair tech for over 10 years but I've been out of it for 20 or more. That's why my friend brings it to me. I guess I can't fix this one. He plays at nursing homes with it. It should take him but a minute to put the 8 right hand voices into the reg buttons. Thanks for the input.

Tom

#502706 - 04/25/21 11:46 AM Re: psr 1000 won't remember registrations [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
There's no hint of either a battery or a capacitor being used for data retention on the PSR1500/3000 - I have the service manual - nor do I recall seeing a battery inside my 3000 on the various occasions I had it apart (to replace the LCD, fix video out, change keyboard contact strips).

The internal memory is described as flash EPROM. If the 1000 is the same technology I'm afraid you could be in trouble.

#502758 - 05/01/21 12:32 PM Re: psr 1000 won't remember registrations [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
There are two steps to saving a registration, the second step however is often overlooked. This process has not changed in decades for Yamaha arranger keyboards, regardless of the model.

Step 1: After setting all the information you wish to save on the main page, Press the MEMORY button, then press the registration button you wish to save it in. Be sure, however, to have the boxes ticked in the registration memory contents page that you wish to save.

Step 2: Once you have saved the individual registrations (1 through 8) you must now save the registration bank. Next, press the "J" button in the lower right corner of the display, then select SAVE. This will open the registration bank page. Now, you must name the registration bank in which the registrations are going to be stored. There are provisions for naming the bank at the bottom on the screen. After naming the bank where the registrations are stored, press OK and now there are permanently saved in the User Memory area of the keyboard. If you want to save this to your USB drive, you must tab to the USB1 after pressing the "J" button.

Now, Yamaha has not used a storage battery since the PSR-500 model became available. All the OS and saved user information has been stored on a chip since then, thus no battery needed.

Hope this helps, Tom, and others,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#502760 - 05/01/21 12:50 PM Re: psr 1000 won't remember registrations [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Hi Gary.
Not to twist the topic, but it's nice to see you're active again, or at least feel as good that you're in condition to peek in and write a post. 👍
Wish you the best Captain Sailor! 😊
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#502763 - 05/01/21 01:08 PM Re: psr 1000 won't remember registrations [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hi GJ, glad to be posting once in a while. As for the sailing, well, health issues forced me to sell the boat at giveaway price. I know that I am dying of a terminal lung disease, and I did not want to leave the burden of selling by sailing yacht to my wife and children upon my passing. Just a month prior to selling the boat, it was appraised for $31,700 USD. After listing it for nearly a year, I ended up sell it for just $5,000 USD, which was less than the cost of the onboard, navigation electronics and radar. The day I sold the boat, I damned near cried.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#502767 - 05/01/21 02:27 PM Re: psr 1000 won't remember registrations [Re: Tom Cavanaugh]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Gary, even if you're not sailing at The Seven Seas as Cpt. at your own ship anymore, you're still sailing at the Sea of Life. ⛵
I know the feeling when you have to leave behind something you really love to do, but it's good medicine in remembering all the nice things you was doing while you did what you loved most.
Memories can be pure gold, so keep on sailing Cpt! ⚓ 👍
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online