SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#502772 - 05/03/21 01:16 AM Re: Does anyone own a Yamaha Sx900 [Re: bruno123]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi Bruno

I own a Genos and also a PSR SX900, and I can tell you that if I did not have the Genos, I would be very happy with the PSR SX900, and I am with both.

I am part of the team that develops the Latino Expansion packs for YCA, and I can tell you that one of the MOST overlook features in the PSR, PSR, SX, Tyros series and Genos, is the Multipads.

At least in the Expansion packs I have been part of the development, we use make sure that we have many banks for the packs that also can be use of course with either the preset styles or other packs as well.....we include ultipads with grooves that recurrennt in the particular genres we intend, it could be percusive, one shot and loop either well... and we found a new use, for what in the organ days we called "Counter melody"....we started that with the Fiesta Caliente 2 and now we embelished with more of this for the next pack soon to be release, the Latin Romance.....

The tone generation that the PSR SX series is awesome in all the areas....love the features, and I hope you get to enjoy a PSR SX900, the sooner you get it, the sooner you will enhoy it.
By the way, I have purchased all the keyboards I own, besides the 2 arrangers, I also have a MODX7.

My 2 cents.

Manuel

#502774 - 05/03/21 02:22 PM Re: Does anyone own a Yamaha Sx900 [Re: bruno123]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Nice, Manuel.

Quick question… is the counter-melody multipad driven by the chord recognition, or is it more a fixed thing?

One of the reasons I love the chord sequencer is so my LH can play a counter-melody or horn stabs etc.. But for those with a less developed LH, counter-melodies on pads sounds perfect!

#502811 - 05/10/21 05:40 AM Re: Does anyone own a Yamaha Sx900 [Re: Diki]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Diki

The new like Counter Melody on the Multipads, is obviously driven by the chords you play, so, will follow the progretion wherever you may take it....in the new expansion pack (to be release soon), we have Hi String, Low String, counter melodies, but, if you edit a custom user multipad, you could add the French Horn from the Fiesta Caliente 2 and more.....4 for each Multipad bank.

My 2 cents

Manuel

#502816 - 05/10/21 08:13 PM Re: Does anyone own a Yamaha Sx900 [Re: bruno123]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Cool. Makes me sad Roland never gave multipads a real go…

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online