Originally Posted By Ketron_AJ
John,

I just realized we did not tackle your question at our last show (here for those who missed it:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aypaWapyg0c&t=3870s)

To get a style into the launchpad QUICKLY....

* Select and start playing the stye (as you would usually).
* As style plays, press the LAUNCHPAD button.
* Style will STOP playing and immediatley be COPIED over into the LAUNCHPAD (new LP project). You will be asked to SELECT which of the 3 intros and 3 endings you want to port over in next screen ... plus which style parts you want to port over and which to ignore. Select as desired.
* SD9 will now automatically take you into the LAUNCHPAD.
* SCENES 1-4 will be Arranger A-D. SCENES 5 (INTRO you picked) and SCENE 6 (ending you picked).
* Now you can trigger as you requested on other manufacture boards. You also have 3 empty pads per SCENE to bring in whatever you want (midi, style part, audio, live guitar, bass or drums)!

Enjoy!

Thanks,

Hi AJ

Thanks again for your reply as to the use of Launchpad with regular styles and chord changes.
I have worked out what you said and three questions remain:

Normally when you work in changing voices in a style for instance you hit GLOBAL rather than SINGLE
to make sure that the change in voice will run on in Variations B,C,D.
If I go to LAUNCHPAD and add certain pads to the style in SCENE A, what do I have to do to make them
stay in the other SCENES ( which correspond to Variations B,C,D) as well? I mean is there a way like GLOBAL
in style changes to make sure the added pads remain there in the next SCENES or do I have to re-program every
SCENE with those additional two or three accompaniment tracks ? (...which would be quite cumbersome)

When I want to choose an additional acc. track/pad in the SCENE I can choose from several sources such as Piano,
Guitar, Percussion, etc. similar to the Modelling in the SD7.

Can you audition the sound/track that you choose here ?

you told me upon my question you can also choose a track/sound of an existing style in the SD9. So for instance
if I have selected a SWING style, imported it in the Launchpad SCENE A and I want to add one or two acc. tracks
from another Swing Style, how do I proceed ?

As you see I am getting there, but it takes time.
Your consideration to make a instruction Video on this will be highly appreciated by many SD 9/60/90 owners I am sure.

kind regards and many thanks,
John