SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#490680 - 02/29/20 06:50 PM Re: "how to play better" posts get no attention - why? [Re: Mark79100]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Wow, we are both readers of Norman Vincent Peale.
Mark, Chas thought about older people’s desire to learn is true, but not in all cases. I am 88 and I can’t wait to learn something new. But nobody said I was normal.

My belief: If you have never seen or tasted chocolate ice cream, and someone asks you a question about chocolate ice cream, you have no idea what he is talking about.

So I must record a song with the written chords, and recorded again with chord extensions and substitution.
John C.

#490684 - 03/01/20 02:50 AM Re: "how to play better" posts get no attention - why? [Re: Mark79100]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Mark79100

Rikki...you're my kind of a person. Somewhere in Time!!! One of my all time favorites. It's still sitting on my piano waiting to be learned. I have the sheet music for it here if you need it. It was on Turner Classic Movies last week. I recorded it and am going to watch it again for about the umpteenth time. The acting was a tiny bit weak and unconvincing but the Rachmaninoff music you never tire of hearing. And the message that was sent to viewers really hit home for a lot of us active and latent "romancers." It pains me to say it, but as the film intensifies toward the end, I can't keep myself from crying. It was the ultimate fairy tale. They need to put that movie in a time capsule to be opened 100 years from now when love and romance won't exist anymore.

Hi Mark,
Haven’t seen the movie in years unfortunately, love it too. The music was was beautiful.

Lee found this utube clip a few weeks ago, really nice version.
[video:youtube]https://youtu.be/YkKue_MEnkk[/video]

I actually have the sheet music for it , thank you. Kind of went overboard . Haha
Keyboard version ( my current project)
easy play piano ( too bland)
and piano solo ( which has all those beautiful L/H. Arpeggios ) future project, even if I have to dumb it down a bit. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#490685 - 03/01/20 03:20 AM Re: "how to play better" posts get no attention - why? [Re: Mark79100]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Mark79100

Rikki, you mentioned in a couple of places that you'd like to get batter at playing the piano.

Wish I knew all this stuff when I was a dumb kid!

Thanks Mark, I ‘ll have a look at the video clip in the morning.

I’m going to work my way thru John’s chords also. Thank you John.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#490776 - 03/01/20 03:52 PM Re: "how to play better" posts get no attention - why? [Re: bruno123]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By bruno123
Wow, we are both readers of Norman Vincent Peale.

I'm glad I reminded myself of Peale's world-famous book. I think I'm going to start reading it again via the video clip. A sure antidote for today's ever challenging world!

Chas thought about older people’s desire to learn is true, but not in all cases. I am 88 and I can’t wait to learn something new.

Yes, we share that trait. I have this huge desire to know more information than Google does even and adventurous enough that I want to do part 2 of "Around the World in 80 Days" with myself as the star. I still find everything in the world to be fascinating...life to be a rose revealing more of itself with each pull of each petal!

My belief: If you have never seen or tasted chocolate ice cream, and someone asks you a question about chocolate ice cream, you have no idea what he is talking about.

That says it all in one sentence. I understand totally what you are saying here. I even agree with your punctuation marks! dancers

#490779 - 03/01/20 04:18 PM Re: "how to play better" posts get no attention - why? [Re: Mark79100]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Mark wrote: I still find everything in the world to be fascinating...life to be a rose revealing more of itself with each pull of each petal!

That is the secret of an interesting happy life. I get bored when there is no more to learn on a subject. Each new journey has so much to add. Dave is a good example; he keeps coming up with a new ideas.

Keyboards do add to the journey, but there is more.
Wow, kinda deep, but it is positive, John C.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online