SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#482984 - 12/06/19 09:04 AM Re: Do you use left hand sounds a lot? [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
I am trying to force my left hand to provide comping and small fills using the same voice as I have in the right hand (lower volume). To my ears, it helps "humanize" the backing, particularly if you mute the other piano parts. Still have quite a ways to go, but that's life - and a problem I am happy to deal with.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#483046 - 12/07/19 07:11 AM Re: Do you use left hand sounds a lot? [Re: Dnj]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
As a no-talent curmudgeon... I use left hand only. (Split board)
Every now and then, I dare to coax arthritic fingers to tickle the ivories on the right hand side... and usually "edit out" that part later on the computer... LOL!

Remember, I'm not a performer. To make matters even more "deplorable"... I only use one or two fingers to play the chords I need as I attempt to "musicate" songs I've written.

We were so poor after my father died, Mom could not afford piano lessons for me. I did take "expression lessons" and, as a result, have found many opportunities to express myself and create enemies (or friends on rare occasions) many times.

(Chuckling uncontrollably.)

One of my "crutches" used to make the sounds coming from my studio a bit more "palatable"... the wonder and awe of Multi-Pads. Don't know who invented them... but he/she is enshrined in my Dave Rice Hall of Fame.

Merry Christians! ----West Mayberry Dave

Edited by Riceroni9 (12/07/19 07:13 AM)

#483069 - 12/07/19 09:32 AM Re: Do you use left hand sounds a lot? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Dave, you and I are in the same category - absolutely amazing how great minds think alike. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#483097 - 12/07/19 12:14 PM Re: Do you use left hand sounds a lot? [Re: Dnj]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Thanks, Gary... I needed that!

I discovered Arrangers when I noticed my best friend playing one with only his left hand. Talk about "epiphanies!" I've noticed in the newer Arrangers and styles, they just keep getting better. Some of the new styles on the 970 allow vocalizing in the intros and outros because they are so long. Now if only I had Frank Sinatra's vocal capability... LOL!

Here's hoping Santa is good to you. (I'm expecting a bundle of switches... 'cause my wife says I deserve them.)

----Dave

#483100 - 12/07/19 12:30 PM Re: Do you use left hand sounds a lot? [Re: Riceroni9]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Riceroni9
As a no-talent curmudgeon... I use left hand only. (Split board)
Every now and then, I dare to coax arthritic fingers to tickle the ivories on the right hand side... and usually "edit out" that part later on the computer... LOL!

Remember, I'm not a performer. To make matters even more "deplorable"... I only use one or two fingers to play the chords I need as I attempt to "musicate" songs I've written.

One of my "crutches" used to make the sounds coming from my studio a bit more "palatable"... the wonder and awe of Multi-Pads. Don't know who invented them... but he/she is enshrined in my Dave Rice Hall of Fame

Hi Dave,
to date, I’ve managed to avoid arthritis in the fingers ,(at least,) but I sure don’t want to listen back to what I play . Haha.
I sound better in my own head.

At first I thought the Yamaha system for the multi pads was a bit messed up, compared to Korg system, hadn’t realised I could assign them to registrations, whole new world opened up, thanks to a little section in a utube clip. Think they may even work better for me than the korg pads did.
——————-
Left hand for me at the moment is mainly string chords, hopefully that will improve asI progress with my online piano lessons. Haha

Edited by rikkisbears (12/07/19 12:31 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#483116 - 12/07/19 04:36 PM Re: Do you use left hand sounds a lot? [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Depending on the Style I use organ, pads with strings, mellow brass, oohs abd ahhs and one of my favorites it the Roland Scat voices. You can add some nice accents using that sound or play it smooth depending on the velocity you play with.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online