SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#481192 - 11/19/19 11:57 AM Re: Nearness of You [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Also DEFINITELY not looking to pick a fight, and I debated a long time before posting this because I'm really not one to 'stir the pot' ... but I really tried to look at this while taking the 'personalities' out of the equation... And I am NOT writing in defense of Donny, as he and I have had our disagreements - perhaps just not in a public forum - but I am just writing about what others have done from time to time ...
I have come to these thoughts:
1) I did not see anywhere in his post that Donny was 'comparing' his version to Jim's ... I've always felt that when Donny posted a vocal, he was showcasing his vocal talent and how it connected the the sounds of whatever KB he had at the time, and as he has said many, many times -using all the tools available - ...
2) as for posting a different version of a song in the same thread as Jim's - I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times that has been done - with no mal-intent - by any number of the people on this board who I truly respect as musicians and vocalists - and I NEVER recall ANYONE being called out on it ... usually the comments were in the line of "thanks for posting, nice to hear a different version..."

So why don't we ALL take a step back, take a DEEP breath, and when we write a post, read it, re-read it and re-read it again, and then EDIT it as necessary ...

Otherwise we will become like today's athletes who go banging helmets into another player's head, or spitting in their face ...

And Fran, it's not technic, but technique ... Just Sayin' ... wink grin (from The Spelling Police)

#481193 - 11/19/19 12:17 PM Re: Nearness of You [Re: tony mads usa]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I get my shortcuts from that mediocre keyboard company grin

Technic | Definition of Technic by Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/technic

Jun 14, 2017 · Technic definition is - technique. Recent Examples on the Web Until that time, many users will continue to experience the technics of everyday life as bewildering, overwhelming, even hostile. — Longreads, "A Sociology of the Smartphone," 14 June 2017 This opera is made out of an entirely new musical technic. . . — Russell Platt, The New Yorker, …

Edited by Fran Carango (11/19/19 12:21 PM)

#481202 - 11/19/19 01:16 PM Re: Nearness of You [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Also DEFINITELY not looking to pick a fight, and I debated a long time before posting this because I'm really not one to 'stir the pot' ... but I really tried to look at this while taking the 'personalities' out of the equation... And I am NOT writing in defense of Donny, as he and I have had our disagreements - perhaps just not in a public forum - but I am just writing about what others have done from time to time ...
I have come to these thoughts:
1) I did not see anywhere in his post that Donny was 'comparing' his version to Jim's ... I've always felt that when Donny posted a vocal, he was showcasing his vocal talent and how it connected the the sounds of whatever KB he had at the time, and as he has said many, many times -using all the tools available - ...
2) as for posting a different version of a song in the same thread as Jim's - I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the number of times that has been done - with no mal-intent - by any number of the people on this board who I truly respect as musicians and vocalists - and I NEVER recall ANYONE being called out on it ... usually the comments were in the line of "thanks for posting, nice to hear a different version..."

So why don't we ALL take a step back, take a DEEP breath, and when we write a post, read it, re-read it and re-read it again, and then EDIT it as necessary ...

Otherwise we will become like today's athletes who go banging helmets into another player's head, or spitting in their face ...

And Fran, it's not technic, but technique ... Just Sayin' ... wink grin (from The Spelling Police)

Tony your one of the good guys here, Thank you
just do a read thru to see what is going on here,..
I pulled my version to keep the peace.
my $hit list keeps getting bigger all the time..

Edited by Dnj (11/19/19 01:18 PM)

#481205 - 11/19/19 01:25 PM Re: Nearness of You [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Thanks, Donny, but I think it's time for you to take your foot off the gas pedal ...
I know some of this has been personal for you, but Don't sweat the small stuff ... And it's ALL small stuff ...

#481207 - 11/19/19 01:40 PM Re: Nearness of You [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Thanks Tony.....
I'm gonna sit back and enjoy playing my Genos...

keys

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online