Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#478370 - 10/20/19 05:41 AM Stupid Deal of The Day
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA

#478374 - 10/20/19 09:53 AM Re: Stupid Deal of The Day [Re: Stephenm52]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Real low qualiy and wouldn't trust it on a job, maybe for home use.
I needed something for rehersals with a band that I could leave in the rehersal space so I went for a JBL 610 . Small, light, ton of poser. Can use it as a monitor and run a line to the PA. Great deal on mfg. B stock on Ebay.

#478375 - 10/20/19 10:17 AM Re: Stupid Deal of The Day [Re: Bill Lewis]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Real low qualiy and wouldn't trust it on a job, maybe for home use.
I needed something for rehersals with a band that I could leave in the rehersal space so I went for a JBL 610 . Small, light, ton of poser. Can use it as a monitor and run a line to the PA. Great deal on mfg. B stock on Ebay.

Bill JBL twice the price for someone wanting to use a cheap sound source..

I have one of the girls I work with using a Harbinger power amp and a pair pf passive speakers (less than $200).. Five years an still using them..

Sometimes we can depend on cheap smile

I have always endorsed the Podium line.. Best value for the dollar.. because they last. I still keep an 802 in the car trunk for emergencies. smile

Several of the groups in Wildwood are using them as their mains..

I know of two failures.. Aquanets blew a tweeter in their 15, and Just in Time blew a tweeter in their 12. Both were replaced by non savvy techs Johnny and Stu grin

I never ever had a speaker failure.. If you use them properly and within limits most are fine.. Just in Time (my old trio) had Yorkville's (12's) that would shut down because we pushed them outdoors.. Good thing I used my Roland Cubes ( never shut down, and out powered speakers with ten times the numbers) wink

My problem with the Podiums , I never liked the sound. Great bass and power at little money.. Over the years I had a dozen or more Podium (The PP1205a being the best).

If I was looking for a cheap answer to have sound I would give the "deal" a shot.

#478390 - 10/20/19 04:37 PM Re: Stupid Deal of The Day [Re: Stephenm52]
Bill Lewis Offline

To each his own but why spend $$$ on a keyboard and put it thru an inferior sound system. .I see these cheap speakers in Sam' s Club all the time. Theres a reason they're so cheap. Big names like Bose, JBL, RCF, QSC, etc. do perform better even if you are paying for the name to a point.
Customer service comes into play too. I'm not a Bose fan but do know of examples of their excellent customer service.

#478391 - 10/20/19 05:04 PM Re: Stupid Deal of The Day [Re: Stephenm52]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I agree with Bill. What the audience (and you) hears is no better than the weakest link. BTW Fran, if you need two more of those Podium 802's, I've got two gathering dust. They're in perfect shape; my problem is the same as yours; I don't like the sound. That old adage always seems to hold up; "you get what you pay for". BTW, on those 'reviews'; I only read the negative ones and then decide how much credibility I give them.

chas

#478392 - 10/20/19 06:37 PM Re: Stupid Deal of The Day [Re: cgiles]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
I agree with Bill. What the audience (and you) hears is no better than the weakest link. BTW Fran, if you need two more of those Podium 802's, I've got two gathering dust. They're in perfect shape; my problem is the same as yours; I don't like the sound. That old adage always seems to hold up; "you get what you pay for". BTW, on those 'reviews'; I only read the negative ones and then decide how much credibility I give them.

chas

Chas no argument here.. Personally I also want to sound my best..
Sorry I will pass on the 802's smile.. One in the trunk is enough grin

Yes I found the Podiums too harsh for me.. Likewise the reason I passed over the QSC's. ( price sometimes is not the only difference).

I love the sound I get from my Marantz voice rover, and it handles any job I do now days.

I am sure no Genos owners are going to buy a 15" , $150 speaker... but maybe an e410 owner would love the "deal" smile

#478393 - 10/20/19 07:09 PM Re: Stupid Deal of The Day [Re: Fran Carango]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Bill,you like the 610 as a monitor?

#478400 - 10/21/19 05:28 AM Re: Stupid Deal of The Day [Re: sparky589]
Bill Lewis Offline

Originally Posted By sparky589
Bill,you like the 610 as a monitor?

Hasn't been delivered yet. UPS is too busy delivering Yamaha 900 keyboards. rolleyes
From my expierence with my Eon Ones I'm confident it will do the job. Really wanted one of the new Eon Compacts but $500 for a monitor is just too much .

Edited by Bill Lewis (10/21/19 05:48 AM)

#478981 - 10/25/19 07:41 PM Re: Stupid Deal of The Day [Re: Bill Lewis]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
Show up yet Bill?

#478992 - 10/26/19 05:24 AM Re: Stupid Deal of The Day [Re: Stephenm52]
Bill Lewis Offline

Got it and used it at home for a test and then at a rehearsal. Sounds great and lots of power for its size. Great deal on Ebay and it was packed and arrived in new condition. Not a mark on it.
Not as good as my Eon Ones but a very versitile speaker and lightweight

Edited by Bill Lewis (10/26/19 05:25 AM)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online