SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#474593 - 08/14/19 03:34 PM Re: OT A-fib [Re: rattley]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Thanks for all the prayers and support! I have a much better attitude today and am looking forward to more tests and an assigned cardiologist tomorrow. -charley

#474595 - 08/14/19 04:18 PM Re: OT A-fib [Re: rattley]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
My prayers for DonM, Gary, Charley and other Synthzoners who has ongoing health challenges. 1 Peter 2:24

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#474600 - 08/14/19 05:47 PM Re: OT A-fib [Re: rattley]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Thanks Jim!

#474617 - 08/15/19 08:57 AM Re: OT A-fib [Re: rattley]
synerjim Offline

Loc: CA
My pleasure Don, may we all have a blessed day.

SD90,Korg I3, KMA Liverpool,TC Helicon Play Electric, Fender Sonoran Guitar, vArranger, Bose S1 Pros, Bose L1 Compact, Aiwa Exos-9

#474640 - 08/15/19 02:50 PM Re: OT A-fib [Re: rattley]
solomon8 Offline

Loc: Lehigh Acres, Fl USA
Hi Charley. I understand your fear. It is very scary when things like this happen. I had a major heart attack at 49 in 1996. They did a Angioplasty. No stents. It changed my life. I am now going on 23 year after the incident. I changed my diet and I exercise every day. I feel good and have a great outlook on life. As crazy as it sounds I don't think I would be in as good health as I am at 72 if it were not for the heart attack. It changed me. And as Martha Stewart would say, "That's a good thing." Sending you prayers for a full recovery. God bless you.

#474642 - 08/15/19 03:12 PM Re: OT A-fib [Re: rattley]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Had a double by-pass surgery on May 1. Today, I feel really good, but not 100%, but hey when you get a certain age, 100% is probably a thing of the past. It's quite amazing what they can do today, and I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck, and wish you well

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#474646 - 08/15/19 08:01 PM Re: OT A-fib [Re: rattley]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hey Charley - hang tough! You will make it! I have a good friend in Nashville who had open heart surgery 27 years ago and he's still kickin'. The good news is that today's technology can make what seemed like yesterday's miracles -- today's reality. I went in for routine tests 18 months ago and woke up in the ICU with a triple bi-pass. So far, so good (and yes it was a sobering eye opener).

So try not to worry too much and proceed with the tests you need. Prayers coming your way too.

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#474672 - 08/16/19 03:08 PM Re: OT A-fib [Re: rattley]
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Hey Hey!!

Thanks again for all the well wishes. I have a much more positive attitude now than earlier this week. I wish the medical system could work as fast as I want to go. I did see a cardiologist for the first time today. I like him and I thought he was very thorough for a first visit. Next week I have tests scheduled on 3 days.

I'm lucky to have good insurance at work and plenty of banked sick days to weather me thru this. I'm even luckier to have such good friends who care. All of you have inspired me in ways you don't know!

I feel good enough today to play my Genos tonight. I never thought I could feel so tired that even music didn't interest me.
Go Charley Go !!!!!! -charley

#474693 - 08/17/19 09:53 PM Re: OT A-fib [Re: bruno123]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By bruno123
.....you will be challenged, from the day we reach 50 we are going south, and it increases as we grow older. The issues of making money, having children, and reaching for the stars turn into maintenance and repair. It is not an easy time; it is a time for inner searching. The things we took for granted, we can no longer take for granted.

John...this is one of your best "wisdom" comments. I'm suddenly looking at life with a different perspective instead of focusing on reality. Reality being...what I quoted from your post...maintenance and repair etc.

I mentioned in a previous post just not having enough time to do anything anymore (like learn my PA3x). Yes, trying to put the pieces back together like we were "before age 50" just ain't gonna happen anymore. It's all about "maintenance and repair" now, isn't it? Really never much thought about it that way until you mentioned it!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online