SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#466390 - 02/21/19 10:19 AM Would love to lease vs. buy
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
There are times when I think I would rather be able to lease a keyboard rather than buy.

Reason is, there is always something new out there I would like to try but don't want the hassle of having to buy/sell.

A classic example for me would be the Casio Privia line. I bought the PX560 and I like it but would love to try out the newer px s3000.

Also, there are Nord, Yammie, Roland and KaWai, I would love to try, but not own.

There are exceptions of course.

I have no interest in getting rid of my Genos...but that's about the only keyboard that I have no interest in trading out. There may be a Genos 2 but I don't know if that would interest me as I think about(1) there's not much that I need that the Genos can't do and (2) there's so much programming in my Genos that I don't want to re do.

Thoughts?

#466405 - 02/21/19 12:31 PM Re: Would love to lease vs. buy [Re: guitpic1]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
God only knows I have had many bouts with GAS, but not being in a large metropolitan area, my leasing options are nil. Even if I could, I doubt I would lease and pour money down the rat hole. I know, it would be cheaper in the long run not to make a costly mistake, but money aside, it would be a hassle to try and return. Reverb and Ebay are full of lost loves, but, personally, I research all avenues after making sure what I think I need(want) and take a chance. Out of probably fifty keyboards, I can remember only two bad decisions, and that was thinking one was an arranger and not.

For some, it may be a viable alternative as a last resort if one is trying to decide on closely related items(models), and no other way to audition them.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online