Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#461973 - 11/20/18 10:16 PM Re: The RD2000 went back [Re: SAM CA]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By SAM CA
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hi
Piano is different and harder than the keyboards, or at least for me it was.
Funny I was told by my first piano teacher I was too old. Ripe old age of 20.
That was before I even had my first lesson, so a great confidence booster.

Wow, that teacher needs a teacher of his/her own! I can't believe this. The only time you'd say that if one wants to become a CONCERT pianist. To achieve that level of performance, you might as well start practicing in the womb! That's a whole different category. You have to be ridiculously good by the age of 15 to even have a chance. Even then you might not be able to make it.

All I really wanted was just to play to entertain myself. ( That’s still all I want. )
Took me till the age of 20 to finally buy a piano, and get up the courage to go and have lessons with the encouragement of my husband.
Could have really done with a slightly more supportive teacher. ( probably one of those cranky old maids, that wrapped children over the knuckles for not practicing). I practiced HEAPS, that would have been the final embarrassment if I’d gotten whacked over the knuckles. Haha

Edited by rikkisbears (11/20/18 10:19 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#461974 - 11/20/18 10:31 PM Re: The RD2000 went back [Re: cgiles]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
I agree with the age thing....to a point. But there is also the factor of 'natural ablility' (talent),

chas

Hi Chas, you are so right, natural ability. Our ex neighbor was the drummer for Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs. A few years back we were invited over for his 70th. Most of his family was there. Every single one of them was able to play an instrument and/or sing I think he had about 6 kids, and a heap of grandkids. Talent just ran in the family.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#461978 - 11/21/18 03:56 AM Re: The RD2000 went back [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
I agree with the age thing....to a point. But there is also the factor of 'natural ablility' (talent), and many other things from hand size to spousal support.

Personally i am convinced that age might be a lesser factor (except for the top end)

There is also dedication (maybe the most important part of learning and improving any skill.

And then there is the training method/teacher, to whome you need a connection of some sort, its important that both you and the teacher/method have the same goals.

i am a firm beleiver that if your basic training is piano, and the methose teaches you all basics like playing from sheet music, musical theory, playing by ear, improvising and gradually improves all of these... that its easier to addapt from piano to otehr keyboard instruments, then the other way around.

There is another thing to remember, where learning bass takes like 6 months and guitar about 2 to 3 years... getting a professional level on any keyboard and espescially piano might take up to a decade..

Edited by Bachus (11/21/18 03:58 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#462015 - 11/21/18 10:55 PM Re: The RD2000 went back [Re: Bachus]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Good comments all. Tx.

I’m still hacking away at piano but satisfied with baby steps on the PX560. Might put a module with it some day.

#462057 - 11/22/18 01:22 PM Re: The RD2000 went back [Re: SAM CA]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By SAM CA
[quote=rikkisbears]Hi
Piano is different and harder than the keyboards, or at least for me it was.
Funny I was told by my first piano teacher I was too old. Ripe old age of 20.
That was before I even had my first lesson, so a great confidence booster.

Wow, that teacher needs a teacher of his/her own! I can't believe this.

Hi Sam, sorry just realised who you are ( getting old isn’t funny). Actually probably the reason I got involved with the keyboards. I think my brain was better suited to the technology, than the actual playing. Had years of fun trying to help people who actually could play. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#462058 - 11/22/18 01:33 PM Re: The RD2000 went back [Re: guitpic1]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Good comments all. Tx.

I’m still hacking away at piano but satisfied with baby steps on the PX560. Might put a module with it some day.

Hi , I had a bit of fun with this site, a couple of years back

https://www.playpianotoday.com/membership-options/

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#462073 - 11/23/18 04:49 AM Re: The RD2000 went back [Re: rikkisbears]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online