SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Topic Options
#462022 - 11/22/18 05:02 AM Re: New yamaha modx [Re: Bachus]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Thanks for the reply. Makes sense. I have never owned an Apple anything but you guys make it sound so appealing, I may have to spring for an Ipad smile. Would I then need a Mac to compliment/support it?

chas

#462029 - 11/22/18 05:58 AM Re: New yamaha modx [Re: cgiles]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Thanks for the reply. Makes sense. I have never owned an Apple anything but you guys make it sound so appealing, I may have to spring for an Ipad smile. Would I then need a Mac to compliment/support it?

chas

No, an ipad(pro) is fully self supporting these days..

http://retronyms.com/audiounits/

this page should be enough reason to warrant an Ipad.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#462059 - 11/22/18 01:37 PM Re: New yamaha modx [Re: Bachus]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
Now... can you sequence on an iPad from the MODX? Use the sounds of the MODX and build a song on the iPad?
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#462069 - 11/22/18 09:51 PM Re: New yamaha modx [Re: shueymusic]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By shueymusic
Now... can you sequence on an iPad from the MODX? Use the sounds of the MODX and build a song on the iPad?

Yes offcourse..

IPAD is both midi as well as audio connected tot the MODX.

#462123 - 11/24/18 02:56 AM Re: New yamaha modx [Re: Bachus]
ZootAllures Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
Played one for about an hour at Guitar Center. I have a Motif ES for many years and know it's sounds intimately. I heard a lot of similar sounds between the two boards, although the MODX does have a few new sounds that are excellent. Mind you I focused on Guitar, organ, bass and EP and a few string sounds. I dabbled a bit with some other sounds, but not long enough to get a good feel. Perhaps there are bigger differences there. The feeling to me that the two sounded similar is not a bad thing at all. I love my ES to this day. If I no longer had it, I'd seriously consider this board. All in all, it sounds excellent.

#462125 - 11/24/18 03:51 AM Re: New yamaha modx [Re: ZootAllures]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By ZootAllures
Played one for about an hour at Guitar Center. I have a Motif ES for many years and know it's sounds intimately. I heard a lot of similar sounds between the two boards, although the MODX does have a few new sounds that are excellent. Mind you I focused on Guitar, organ, bass and EP and a few string sounds. I dabbled a bit with some other sounds, but not long enough to get a good feel. Perhaps there are bigger differences there. The feeling to me that the two sounded similar is not a bad thing at all. I love my ES to this day. If I no longer had it, I'd seriously consider this board. All in all, it sounds excellent.

I also own a motif xs rack..
And a modx

Yes many sounds are the same, but i found quickly that the new sounds have become my goto sounds on the modx, they are hugely better..

Add to that the linitations of only 4 sounds in a performance on the ES and the huge improvement in numbers as well as in quallity of the dsp, and its obvious why the modx at its current price is the new king of yamaha..

The organ sounds are for exampke vastly improved and finally sound like a b3..
The main piano and dp sounds are of a different galax, then the es ones
And then the es does not have any AEM (super articulation) which makes arcoustic sounds with element swtching sound much more realistic.

Just my opinions.. based on owning both the motif xs and having owned the es, and also owning a modx

Page 9 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online