SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#456846 - 08/25/18 09:36 AM Re: A short improv with the Italian Piano (Korg Pa4x) [Re: SAM CA]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
But here's the thing. The MARKET drives manufacturers decisions when it comes to both design, features, and marketing. They look at who buys Arranger keyboards, especially TOTL ones, and guess what; Ol' folks rule. The (old) heart wants what the heart wants and plus, they are the ones most able to afford them. Trust me, the situation didn't get this way by accident.

chas

#456910 - 08/26/18 12:08 PM Re: A short improv with the Italian Piano (Korg Pa4x) [Re: cgiles]
SAM CA Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Originally Posted By cgiles
...They look at who buys Arranger keyboards, especially TOTL ones, and guess what; Ol' folks rule. ....

They ruled. That's a thing of the past. With no interest long term financing options that's no longer a problem. You can get up to 24 and even 48 months NO interest financing deals. I have about 20 to 30 referrals for Korg Keyboards annually...almost all for users under 30 and 40! These keyboards are no longer out of reach. None of the latest Korg updates were geared towards the older generation. The user manual is over a 1000 pages and gets more technical by day. Arranger keyboards could be anybody and everybody's instrument these days.

In any case what I was talking about doesn't really have anything to do with age demographic. There's no excuse for producing poor marketing content in general, especially if the features in question could also be the selling point.

Anyways, this all could be a different topic I think.

#456911 - 08/26/18 12:15 PM Re: A short improv with the Italian Piano (Korg Pa4x) [Re: SAM CA]
SAM CA Offline

In case if you own the latest Korg Pa series, John (known as Reuben on Korg Forums) produced this wonderful free Piano soundset.

This demo features Yamaha C5 and C5 Dark Grand from that Soundset.

#456916 - 08/26/18 12:56 PM Re: A short improv with the Italian Piano (Korg Pa4x) [Re: SAM CA]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By SAM CA
In case if you own the latest Korg Pa series, John (known as Reuben on Korg Forums) produced this wonderful free Piano soundset.

This demo features Yamaha C5 and C5 Dark Grand from that Soundset.

Sounds great wow terrific playing thanx for sharing....

btw who needs a 88 keys except for classical? cool2

Edited by Dnj (08/26/18 01:34 PM)

#456919 - 08/26/18 01:28 PM Re: A short improv with the Italian Piano (Korg Pa4x) [Re: Dnj]
SAM CA Offline

Thank you very much.

88 keys does offer a lot more flexibility for sure. Obviously you can't play full blown classical music on anything smaller but that's why we have good 'stage pianos'. I'm just not fond of ALL IN ONE solutions. They get way too expensive and you don't even get the best of both worlds. They always end up cutting corners...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online