SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#454775 - 07/16/18 10:35 AM Re: Ketron SD40 / HS9 Hand Switch [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By IMMusic_Curt
Hey Torch - Be happy to start a new thread when we get started with some SysEx examples. Interesting request of doing that without a computer. Never needed to do that and I'd have to look and see what SysEx functions I could send via our primary controller.

To get things started, we plan to show a few examples from a DAW and let's see where the thread goes as folks comment. I'd be interested in learning more about what you suggest. In the meantime, we are working on a short "How to" video this weekend to show using Cakewalk Instrument Maps with an SD1000. Let me put a reminder on my calendar to bump up the priority of putting together something on using SysEx.
Sounds good, Curt. I will look forward to it.
Thanks,
Chris
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

#455338 - 07/28/18 02:32 PM Re: Ketron SD40 / HS9 Hand Switch [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
Chris - I'm planning to mess around with this over the next couple of days. If you can share the sysx messages you tried that failed I'll give those a try along with some others that I was planning to show.

** Fair Warning ** - At this point, we are only planning to demo sending sysx vie Logic Pro from a Mac. I have not had the time to research the two controllers we have to see what they can/can't send. We spend about 152% of our time working via a DAW.

Yes, I'll be starting a new thread on this topic and will copy this conversation over there but I had your comment saved and wanted to reach out to you to get started with what I've tested and what you are having issues with.

#455403 - 07/29/18 05:08 PM Re: Ketron SD40 / HS9 Hand Switch [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
Torch Offline

The below is what AJ emailed me before, and I couldn't it out. By the way, where can activate tab/sys on MIDI preference? I couldn't find it.

Here is the Excls. Message for recall ARR a on Sd 40 ( dont forget to activate tab/ sys on Midi preference.)

F0h 26h 7Ch 67h (tab_code OnOff) F7h; OnOff = 7fh (TAB PRESSED) OnOff = 00h (TAB RELEASED)

And here is the complete code list....

Here the code list :
tab_code:
HARMONY_TAB = 1ah
INTRO1_TAB = 62h
INTRO2_TAB = 63h
INTRO3_TAB = 64h
ARRA_TAB = 67h
ARRB_TAB = 68h
ARRC_TAB = 69h
ARRD_TAB = 6ah
FILLS_TAB = 6bh
BREAKS_TAB = 6ch
START_TAB = 78h
PAUSE_TAB = 7bh
KEY_START_TAB = 65h
KEY_STOP_TAB = 66h
MANUAL_BASS_TAB = 6fh
BASS_TO_LOWEST_TAB = 70h
BASSIST_TAB = 71h
PIANIST_TAB = 72h
TEMPO_SLOW_TAB = 50h
TEMPO_FAST_TAB = 51h

#455456 - 07/30/18 01:56 PM Re: Ketron SD40 / HS9 Hand Switch [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
OK - Got it.

We are familiar with the list you sent. We were busy today working on some issues with the latest Wersi OAX 2.x update . Give me a few days to get set up and work out the DAW to Sysx stuff with Ketron.
Having said that I know you are not all that interested in working from a DAW but perhaps it will help with your setup.

As we discussed we will start a new thread on this topic and post a link in this thread once we get started.

Stay tuned...

#455463 - 07/30/18 03:01 PM Re: Ketron SD40 / HS9 Hand Switch [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
Torch Offline

I have a few MIDI devices that can program and send sysex. So if I have the correct strings of Ketron sysex messages, I am good to go. I am also searching other midi foot controllers that can send generate sysex messages.

Thanks,
Chris

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online