SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#452326 - 05/20/18 07:00 PM Re: New Korg PA4X 76 key Model $2500 [Re: Harold123]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I talked with a good friend and fellow entertainer/musician who still works at one of the most expensive restaurants in Baltimore's Little Italy. He is still being paid $125 for a five hour job on Friday nights and just $100 for four hours on Saturday. That's how things are here, and from what I have learned when I was down south, it was the same in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia and most of Florida and the Florida Keys. I guess you northerners get more because you are taxed to oblivion and it cost so much more to live up there where it's cold most of the year. Not too far from DonM, in the Florida Panhandle, the pay scale is about the same as it is along the southeast coast. I have two friends who perform there regularly, both of which have recently switched to the senior circuit for financial reasons.

Thanks for the compliments, Harold and Jim. Throughout most of my life, even when I worked in the medical field, my goal was and has always been to help others. I always felt that the Golden Rule, which was taught to me by my mother, was a good way to live your life.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#452328 - 05/20/18 07:29 PM Re: New Korg PA4X 76 key Model $2500 [Re: Harold123]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
I always felt that the Golden Rule, which was taught to me by my mother, was a good way to live your life.

I try to live by the Golden Rule, just not 24 carat....10 carat, maybe......actually, more like gold-plated smile.

chas

#452329 - 05/20/18 07:40 PM Re: New Korg PA4X 76 key Model $2500 [Re: Harold123]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Around here, one would be lucky to get $100. for a nursing home job. I was offered $35. last year for one! I guess I should be flattered because they told me their normal rate was $25. Main reason is all the well-meaning wanna-bes that do them for free, thinking they are "helping the old people". All they are helping are the huge companies that own the nursing homes!
Even at a hundred a job, I'd have to do eight or ten a week to survive, and that just won't happen here. Even if it did, that would be way too close to real work. I'm too old to set up and tear down that much, even if the gear is lighter now. And besides, I want to play golf and fish in the daytime and play music at NIGHT! smile Every day is a vacation and has been for about 40 years. Truly blessed!

#452337 - 05/21/18 02:50 AM Re: New Korg PA4X 76 key Model $2500 [Re: DonM]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Don you have been blessed with a good attude and a great life, it shows in all that you do.
Gary you have the secret to living a happy life -- helping others. Helping others brings a type of happiness you cannot buy or create.

It has been said when a man reaches his latter years he becomes a philosopher. I can't help myself. (smile)

John C.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online