SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#450800 - 04/21/18 12:45 PM Re: Upper keyboard fatigue [Re: Sapphire]
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I think a good solution to this is to have them on two seperate keyboard stands and have them shaped like an "L". If you need more flexibility you can use a drum throne that swivels. I have done it both ways and they both have their pros and cons.

#450815 - 04/21/18 10:10 PM Re: Upper keyboard fatigue [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Most problems are down to poor posture, (Particularly if you are coming from singe keyboard play) however here are some links for organ that may help with position.

2. PDF file

Bill

Bill, posture is indeed very important..
So i ave changed my position a few years back based on tips and advise for piano playing..
The result, there is barely any fatigue when playing the lower keyboard..

The problem is the upper key, that in a 2 fold setup is just to far above the piano keys..
When i want to archieve the same for organ position, i need to make a chane to my seup.. replacing the lower keybed with a blind keybed (just keys) like the kawai vpc 1 or even the crumar seven when it arives with 88 keys, also a yamaha cp4-stage piano would work... and best would be a doepfer lmk-4

https://www.thomann.de/nl/doepfer_lmk4_88_gh_black.htm

However, this would mean i would have to miss all the features i love of the kronos in my setup. And thats not something i want..

Another option would be the L-shape, but i never felt comfortable with that..

The reason of my setup being 2-fold is not having 2 keybeds, the 88 keybed of my kronos allows me to play almost everything... the reason that i have 2 keyboard is that i want 88 keys and an arranger and the high end workstation synth features and piano in a single setup..

The only way I can see to archieve that right now is by adding modules to an 88 key... because their is no all in one solution at the highest level..

Sadly with my current 2 instruments i see no, way to overcome the core of this problem... i however am currently solving this by playing the pa4x over midi from the kronos, which works well except for the gact that buttons and sliders on the pa4x are out of reach for the prefered quick changes.. and there is only 5 pedals on my ec-5

I do understand this is a luxourious proble...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#450823 - 04/22/18 01:55 AM Re: Upper keyboard fatigue [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

Mabe this would make a great keyboardstand for a 61 key arranger?
They also plan on making an 88 key.. which would combine well with a 76 key arranger..

The sound of Crumar/GSi is asumed the best of the best in hardware by many pro musicians on the keyboardcorner for DP and Organ... i have a Gemini module, which also boasts these incredible DP’s as well as he top knch organs..

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online