SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#449281 - 03/23/18 06:51 PM Re: What are some good gospel songs? [Re: Scott Langholff]
musicforyourday Offline

Loc: So California, USA
because He Lives is great easter hymm

#449286 - 03/23/18 11:10 PM Re: What are some good gospel songs? [Re: musicforyourday]
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Thanks for the good answers.

#449287 - 03/23/18 11:13 PM Re: What are some good gospel songs? [Re: Scott Langholff]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
On Eagles' Wings

#449305 - 03/24/18 11:36 AM Re: What are some good gospel songs? [Re: travlin'easy]
Torch Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Scott, if this is a senior event, I would keep the songs upbeat. No gloom and doom songs - they really don't need them. When you are close to being dead, you really need something upbeat that you can relate to. Will The Circle Be Unbroken has always been a big hit with the seniors.
Gary cool
I can’t think of any gospel tune that is gloomy. They are by nature uplifting, but I know what you mean by keeping the songs upbeat for a senior event. Foot-stomping, earth-shaking gospel songs seem to cheer them all including those who can’t relate to the lyrics.

When The Roll is Called Up Yonder - I found this wild funk style version of it. What a singer this young lady is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_beux5CUkc

Precious Lord Take my Hand – though it is not a fast tempo song, many seem to like it very much. In this video, they sing it in 4/4 instead of 3/4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaF16IlysQc

If you are going to watch a portion, start at 4:30. I love how the two singers interacted with each other. I also liked what the blind pianist was doing.
"You Shall Know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." John 8:32

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online