SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#448844 - 03/16/18 04:22 PM Notice from Sweetwater
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I'm sure a lot of you got this too, but just in case, this may be of interest to some of you.

---------------------------
Hi Charles,

I have an important update for you on 600 MHz wireless systems. As you probably know by now, the FCC recently auctioned off a large amount of wireless spectrum between 616 - 698 MHz, affecting many wireless mic and in-ear monitor users.

Since the announcement, sites like eBay and Craigslist have been flooded with 600 MHz wireless systems as people try to sell off their old systems to users who aren't savvy enough to know about the new rules. On March 13, the FCC announced a new rule: anyone selling a used wireless system in the 600 MHz band must display a disclosure in a "clear, conspicuous, and readily legible manner" stating that the wireless system violates the new FCC 600 MHz rules.

For more information on this, including the exact text of the required disclosure, check here.

Selling your old wireless systems may not be the best way to get rid of them anyway, though; they may be worth more as trade-ins. Several wireless mic manufacturers have programs to buy your existing wireless systems for up to $600 when you purchase a new system! Those programs are ending soon, though, so don't wait too long...

For more information, click here: Sennheiser | Shure | Audio Technica | AKG

As always, if you have any questions, please give me a call when you get this, I'd be happy to discuss upgrade options and savings!

Sincerely,
Chris Barry, Sales Engineer
Sweetwater
1-800-222-4700, ext. 3014

----------------------------------------

chas

#448848 - 03/17/18 12:17 AM Re: Notice from Sweetwater [Re: cgiles]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Bought a Sennheiser wireless system from Sweetwater one year ago..$650. It’s in the 600 MHz range.

Sennheiser site shows a rebate of $100 IF I buy a new system.

Might be a loss of $550 for me in one year. mad
Not to mention another $600 for another system if I get one.

Haven’t visited with Sweetwater yet though.

Edited by guitpic1 (03/17/18 12:18 AM)

#449001 - 03/19/18 03:36 PM Re: Notice from Sweetwater [Re: cgiles]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
What I don't understand, is why did the manufacturers design, build, and sell devices which radiated in a frequency spectrum that was not officially designated for this purpose? Were they speculating that the 600 MHz band would be allocated for this use? If so, the prospective purchasers should have been informed of the risks.

Sort of like buying a house next door to a vacant lot, and someone puts a junkyard there. My $.02.

Edited by TedS (03/19/18 03:38 PM)

#449131 - 03/21/18 11:53 AM Re: Notice from Sweetwater [Re: TedS]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
I’ve got Sweetwater checking into it. $650 is a pretty big hit to take in one year.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online