SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#448897 - 03/17/18 06:09 PM Re: So you think a Genos is expensive [Re: Stephenm52]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
Rog, Nice set of photos, I haven't posted many photos to my site lately but here's a link to some work I've done in the past:

http://steveonphotos.com/

Jim, Steve,

Tx for the compliments. Enjoyed your photos Steve. I haven’t checked my Smugmug site in a while. I just seem to upload to Facebook etc now. That means if there are some good shots...they just disappear into the Cloud....so to speak.

#448899 - 03/17/18 06:20 PM Re: So you think a Genos is expensive [Re: Stephenm52]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By Stephenm52
From what I've read the so-called "pocket camera " market has fallen on its face due to great smartphone cameras. There's a saying "the best camera is the one with you." It's true I don't always have my Canon and I've gotten plenty of great photos with my iPhone.

https://youtu.be/AGp3JXKtHBM

#448908 - 03/18/18 01:27 AM Re: So you think a Genos is expensive [Re: cgiles]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Let's be friends on a Facebook then smile
https://m.facebook.com/sergey.kadyrov.7

#448918 - 03/18/18 07:01 AM Re: So you think a Genos is expensive [Re: cgiles]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
Thank you Steve, Chas, Zuki and Russ for your kind comments. Stephen, I especially like your car hood ornaments series. It’s a fascinating mini-sculpture subject to focus on. Guitpic1, I love the girl and puppy portrait in your Experiments folder. Sergey, your nine block lifestyle photo works nicely as an all-in-one theme photo. (Hope I didn’t miss anyone’s links)

Russ, yes, the majority of my recent photos are with the Canon 5D Mark IV camera @30 MP and Canon lens system, however like everyone feels, the Cellphone cameras can be amazing. I personally love the iPhone for quick panoramic shots. Thank you for your appropriate recommendation about correcting my parallax issue in architectural photography. In response, I’m trying to decide between your view camera with bellows solution or buying a Utility Truck with cherry picker bucket lift that can raise me and the camera to take the optimal shot.

The original thread title here is good food for thought about putting any costs in perspecitive. Overall, whether it is keyboards, photography or providing a rational/emotional context for competitive bids to clients, my philosophy has always been to say: “You never regret buying the best.” and “The quality is remembered long after the cost is forgotten.”

Edited by Hal2001 (03/18/18 07:30 AM)

#448990 - 03/19/18 08:50 AM Re: So you think a Genos is expensive [Re: Hal2001]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
A 5D is my workhorse. I'm using it today on a shoot at a nearby automobile manufacturer site for an employee orientation manual.

R.

BTW, a Cannon 5D is not a medium format. Pentax, Mamyia Sony, Hassy and others own that market.

Increasingly, the size of the chip makes the difference.

R.

Edited by captain Russ (03/19/18 10:42 AM)

#448996 - 03/19/18 01:38 PM Re: So you think a Genos is expensive [Re: captain Russ]
Hal2001 Offline

Loc: U.S.
Yes Russ. Hope you had a great photo gig. Looks like you are well equipped in gear and experience to get the job done. "Have camera/arranger - Will travel."

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online