SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#448781 - 03/15/18 04:33 PM Re: How many hours do you play each day? [Re: cgiles]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By cgiles

Sorry Boo, no 'Alt facts' allowed smile smile.

chas

Wow ... He sounds like Nat ! ... certainly has the style down ...
Thanks chas

#448791 - 03/15/18 09:51 PM Re: How many hours do you play each day? [Re: cgiles]
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Chas, never did a bunch of research on Oscar. Thanks for sharing. He could have made it singing too probably being the best or in the top three players of all time with Art Tatum, and Hank Jones and a handful more huh?

#448794 - 03/16/18 01:45 AM Re: How many hours do you play each day? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I use it several ways. I use it with my Hammond SK1 to provide great styles along with alternate voices to the Hammond. With the press of one button on the SK1, I switch to the bank of favorite voices which I set up in banks of 10 or so per page. This means no fumbling at all.

The second way is using the SD40 as a full arranger slave with many song registrations I made up in playlists, available immediately by entering a number. I can set up the regs to include or mute any part, if I am using one of my keyboards to play a part also, or, of coarse, both.

The third way is with my Notate Composer 3 notation program I have in my tablets and laptops. I simply connect an interface to my computer in socket to play the midi, and a midi cable to the keyboard in socket of the SD40 and out to keyboard. This works great with the Pa4X to play style registrations of the korg or Midi songs immediately, and with no interference between the two.

The fourth way is to use the SD40 for singing Karaoke style from either midi, MP3, or CD&G or displaying lyrics for singing and playing my keyboard.

I like the fact that the SD40 connects to any midi mode, including accordion, without any hesitation or rebooting. I think it is great, especially since I sent it to AJ for his upgrade. Let me tell you, the addition of his instruments and supplemental material is a great addition to the factory voices, which are also very good.

#448806 - 03/16/18 09:02 AM Re: How many hours do you play each day? [Re: Bernie9]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
I'll play for 3 or four hours...then not for 3 or four days..motivation wanes lately..

#448858 - 03/17/18 05:57 AM Re: How many hours do you play each day? [Re: brickboo]
Dnj Offline

Just keep practicing and maybe one day.....??????

keys

#448863 - 03/17/18 07:27 AM Re: How many hours do you play each day? [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj

keys

If I played like that I would be out of work!!!

Jerryghr

#448865 - 03/17/18 07:39 AM Re: How many hours do you play each day? [Re: Jerryghr]
Happy Birthday tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Jerryghr
Originally Posted By Dnj

keys

If I played like that I would be out of work!!!
Jerryghr

Or working other venues ... know your audience ... 'different strokes ...'

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online