SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#447065 - 02/20/18 03:07 PM Re: Thoughts on vocal processing [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, never considered pairing with a female harmony voice - just too hokey. And, I only use the harmonizer very sparingly when I did use it. Hell, no one thinks we're real musicians, really playing an instrument, and in some instances, they didn't think it was me singing. I actually had a lady come up to me and begin talking while I was in the middle of singing a song. She just stood there next to me and continued to talk and ask questions until the song ended. Then I explained to her that I could not possibly has answered her while singing. Then she walked to her table, looked at her husband and said "Oh my God, Frank - it was really him singing." He smiled at her and replied "That's what I told you Alice - but you never listen to me." I laughed my ass off.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#447073 - 02/20/18 05:14 PM Re: Thoughts on vocal processing [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Donny, never considered pairing with a female harmony voice - just too hokey.
Gary cool

So my teaming up with a female vocalist is HOKEY ???
I don't think the people who hire us time and time again feel that way ...

#447076 - 02/20/18 07:11 PM Re: Thoughts on vocal processing [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

No, Tony. A live female vocalist is a true bonus. What we were discussing is using a female, digital, vocal harmony effect using either the keyboard's onboard vocal harmonizer or an outboard system. I have had my daughter sing with me a couple times - my audiences loved her, and I loved it when she was on stage with me.

All the best,

Gary cool

#447077 - 02/20/18 07:27 PM Re: Thoughts on vocal processing [Re: guitpic1]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
My friend used to use a female trio setting when playing boogie bugle boy. I liked it, and I think audiences got a kick out of him singing with the ghosts of the Andrews sisters.

I love working with my female singer, but she is usually the 5th or 6th piece on a band job and thus not always in the budget for clients.

#447081 - 02/20/18 08:01 PM Re: Thoughts on vocal processing [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
No, Tony. A live female vocalist is a true bonus. What we were discussing is using a female, digital, vocal harmony effect using either the keyboard's onboard vocal harmonizer or an outboard system. I have had my daughter sing with me a couple times - my audiences loved her, and I loved it when she was on stage with me.
All the best,
Gary cool

Gary ... I think you may have misread Donny's post about a female vocalist ...

Originally Posted By Dnj

Gary ever think about playing our as a double with a girl singer instead etc..

#447094 - 02/21/18 07:05 AM Re: Thoughts on vocal processing [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

All the best,

Gary cool

Gary No NO NO you misunderstood me buddy VH had nothing to do with it....since YOU cant sing anymore due to your illness I suggested that YOU play with a female vocalist as a DUO to do the singing this way you still get the pleasure of being on stage making music playing KB....

Edited by Dnj (02/21/18 07:07 AM)

#447096 - 02/21/18 07:12 AM Re: Thoughts on vocal processing [Re: guitpic1]
travlin'easy Offline

Sorry guys, I guess my mind has gone to Hell along my lungs and back.

Gary cool

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online