SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#444910 - 01/17/18 04:22 AM Audya tutoral
underdog Offline

Hi.Can anybody tell me if there is any CD/DVD or rewritten manual available for the Ketron Audya that describes its working in easy to learn terms as I find it difficult to understand the ketron manual
I mainly want to know how to create my own styles and how to make styles like Robert Messier done in an earlier uTube from a Stevie Wonder song
I have bought AJ,s tutorial dvd,s but they only shows basic workings and not really much more advanced operations
Any help much appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by underdog (01/17/18 04:27 AM)

#446714 - 02/17/18 06:55 AM Re: Audya tutoral [Re: underdog]
LatinoMike Offline

Loc: Southend-on-Sea, UK
I am also trying to understand how to create new styles on my Audya 4. It does not seem very clear to me how to do that from reading the limited amount of information in the manual.

I am surprised that I have been unable to find even one video of anybody programming a new style. It would make it so much easier to understand if Ketron had produced a few videos showing the important steps of style creation - with some real musical examples! This would encourage users to experiment more with styles.

#446740 - 02/17/18 09:58 AM Re: Audya tutoral [Re: LatinoMike]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

AJ sells a tutorial DVD for the Audya. Excellent material. Be sure to contact him.

Henni

#446756 - 02/17/18 01:26 PM Re: Audya tutoral [Re: Henni]
LatinoMike Offline

Hi Henni, many thanks for your reply!

I already ordered AJ's tutorial DVD, so it may help me to understand how to make my own styles.

The problem I had was that I wanted to arrange a version of Afro Blue, which is based on an Afro-Cuban Waltz in 3/4 or 6/8. I couldn't find a suitable style in my Audya 4, and so I guessed that this meant I had to create my own?

I am particularly looking for a strong drum rhythm (which might be the Cuban Abakua from Googling). My aim is to produce a similar style to this YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtJAgKWrxMc

#447020 - 02/20/18 01:46 AM Re: Audya tutoral [Re: Henni]
underdog Offline

Thank you HENNI As I had said I already had bought AJs tutorial DVDs but there is no information in them of any advanced programming Just a bit more of the workings and editing of sounds.No details of how to programme what I described in my first post

#447776 - 03/02/18 04:11 PM Re: Audya tutoral [Re: underdog]
LatinoMike Offline

I have now seen AJ's tutorial DVDs, and they are very good as an introduction to using the Audya products. Anybody who wants a quick way to learn the basics should buy AJ's DVDs.

However, what I would like to see are some in-depth videos showing how to create particular styles, and how to set up the Audya to play particular pieces that require a more detailed arrangement. For example, I am interested in using the Audya 4 to play an arrangement of A Night in Tunisia, which involves at least 2 different styles.

Why are there no tutorial videos available from Ketron, showing how to get the best from their products? I can't help feeling that Ketron is missing an opportunity here to show that their products are capable of great musical possibilities.

#451764 - 05/10/18 03:09 PM Re: Audya tutoral [Re: LatinoMike]
LatinoMike Offline

I now accept that the Jazz classic "A Night in Tunisia" cannot be programmed on the Audya products.

#451785 - 05/11/18 09:21 AM Re: Audya tutoral [Re: LatinoMike]
mc2pereira Offline

Loc: Campo Grande, MS, BRASIL

#451792 - 05/11/18 11:26 AM Re: Audya tutoral [Re: mc2pereira]
LatinoMike Offline

Originally Posted By mc2pereira
Thank you mc2pereira !!

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online