SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#442391 - 12/12/17 01:58 AM Re: This guy John Beesley is GOOD! [Re: leeboy]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If you look at most of the top arranger players (Including John Beasley) they have one thing in common, in that they all started out playing organ and/or synthesisers so they can arrange and play the tunes without any automatic backing, thus it makes it easy for them to set up arranger backing (Or design styles) as they know how to make it sound good. (Remember the arranger came from the easy play features of organs which were designed to make anybody sound great without the wait) You will also find that many of these players when they are not demonstrating for a manufacture add in a pedalboard and a lower keyboard for more flexibility. (It also makes it easier to play on the fly and allow them to play most tunes when people ask, as they don’t have to look for a style as they play it themselves with just drums, and use instruments that suit at the time)
As always, it’s the player that makes the sound, not the instrument, which unfortunately is not as it was, as when organs were around (Arrangers where just toys at that time) you could tell who was playing by just hearing their playing style, but these days with arrangers, you just hear the arranger keyboard manufacture. (If you want to stand out, learn to play everything yourself (No backing except drums) and when you then go back to using an arranger the magic will occur)

Bill

#442398 - 12/12/17 03:48 AM Re: This guy John Beesley is GOOD! [Re: leeboy]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am sure what you say is true, if not that easily done.

#442399 - 12/12/17 07:29 AM Re: This guy John Beesley is GOOD! [Re: leeboy]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
The guy is great.

As for the video. There’s one peculiarity. The music is rather dynamic, and there’s a lot of cymbal used. It works as a distraction from the voices themselves. Listening in earphones, you may feel that strings hurt a little bit. Well, I’m not a fan of VST’s either, because they don’t let you to play “the whole” picture, and I believe that if you don’t play the “whole picture”, then you will never see it as it is. Of course, there’re ways to work step-by-step, but I tend to lose the picture completely when I’m doing that. In general, this sort of music is for an actual orchestra...

What I want to stress, that Tyros and other keyboards help you to “draw a picture” very well, but it’s still rather a picture than a product. We like to say things such as “it’s all about the skills”, however, you may just completely go nuts trying to produce the same level as the one which was produced using different kind of recourses and you still won’t succeed.

This “Tyros 5 - Pirates Of The Caribbean - John Beesley” video is great, and I appreciate the chance to watch it. Nevertheless, it’s not quite what you put on CD’s (let’s pretend they exist), it’s not what you play on stage; and it’s not how you “enjoy your Tyros” (well, there’s no standard for that either). Perhaps, it’s something different.

#442400 - 12/12/17 08:13 AM Re: This guy John Beesley is GOOD! [Re: Kabinopus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Kabinopus
The guy is great.

As for the video. There’s one peculiarity. The music is rather dynamic, and there’s a lot of cymbal used. It works as a distraction from the voices themselves. Listening in earphones, you may feel that strings hurt a little bit. Well, I’m not a fan of VST’s either, because they don’t let you to play “the whole” picture, and I believe that if you don’t play the “whole picture”, then you will never see it as it is. Of course, there’re ways to work step-by-step, but I tend to lose the picture completely when I’m doing that. In general, this sort of music is for an actual orchestra...

What I want to stress, that Tyros and other keyboards help you to “draw a picture” very well, but it’s still rather a picture than a product. We like to say things such as “it’s all about the skills”, however, you may just completely go nuts trying to produce the same level as the one which was produced using different kind of recourses and you still won’t succeed.

This “Tyros 5 - Pirates Of The Caribbean - John Beesley” video is great, and I appreciate the chance to watch it. Nevertheless, it’s not quite what you put on CD’s (let’s pretend they exist), it’s not what you play on stage; and it’s not how you “enjoy your Tyros” (well, there’s no standard for that either). Perhaps, it’s something different.

Agree. smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online