SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#441856 - 12/03/17 10:19 PM Re: Musician or entertainer... [Re: travlin'easy]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I'm curious what the remarks would be about THIS video. There's a lot going on here to comment about. Your views?

#441872 - 12/04/17 05:49 AM Re: Musician or entertainer... [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
My initial view is, I'd rather be dead than playing that gig. The guy is a very competent journeyman entertainer ie. he's better than most working that type of gig. I watched the video following this one as well (Johnny Be Good) and he's very capable and comfortable with his instrument(s). Conclusion; although not my type of music, he does what he does very well. JMO, though.

chas

#441875 - 12/04/17 06:24 AM Re: Musician or entertainer... [Re: travlin'easy]
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
It's also about to what public and where you perform.
This is at Ibiza, a popular island where i.e. a lot of Scaninawians travel to lick sunbeams, drink a lot of alcohol and party all night long.
Pianoman, as we see him in this video, is just on track for this kind of entertainment.
Only thing i would remark, is that he is almost hidden behind the rack. Should be more visible to the public. smile
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#441996 - 12/06/17 09:14 AM Re: Musician or entertainer... [Re: DonM]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Let's not fight over Cushman's, guys. The only official assignment is the Highlander, 1964 to Don. Did not know Chas wanted one. I am just completing a frame up restructuring of an Eagle, and Chas is welcome to it when I expire. One thing, right now, I'm putting on disk brakes and a 23 HP converted Briggs engine customized just for this purpose. The original Robin was 9 H/P. That will make this bad boy interstate ready.

The Highlander is factory accurate, except for the color. I'll keep the Robin engine from the Eagle, but will not rebuild it. I have a sale for it anytime I want to unload it.

The B-3 will go to a local Jazz Arts society. Maintenance on that old monster is outrageous.

We haul the Cushman and/or a cool bobber Kikker kit bike or Kymco K-pipe to car shows to run around on. We pull it(them) in a 50's trailer with my 85 Riviera, a 48 "ratrod" camper truck or a 40's era Olds.

Finally, with the Oldsmobile we have a car older than me!

Russ

#442012 - 12/06/17 01:35 PM Re: Musician or entertainer... [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The Cushman I owned many, many years ago had a governor on it so it would not go faster than about 35 MPH, and that was downhill. wink

All the best,

Gary cool
PSR-S950, Bose L1 Compact (2), TC Helicon Harmony-M, Digitech VR (3), Barbetta Sona 32C, Crown CM311A (3), Samson Q7 (2), Samson Wireless, Sennheiser E855, Custom Console, Morgan 33 Out Island Sailboat, and lots of other silly stuff!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online