SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#435890 - 08/11/17 08:37 AM Re: Ipad Pro 2017 [Re: Bachus]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By Bachus
Just have a look at these 2 video's they show that virtual instruments on the ipad have grown close to whats on Windows.. same quallity, but a heap cheeper.

http://keyszone.boards.net/thread/400/icathedral-classical-music-ipad

The churchorgan is incredible versatile, and miroslav uses the same libraries as on PC..

Keep in mind tough, that when using the ipad as an instrument, you want atleast the 256GB version of the pro..

Hi Bachus
I've used my Ipad 2 model for years, and have holding off to upgrade to the Ipad pro, after seeing what the capabilities and new features might be on the upcoming Yamaha Genos model.

The music apps and app utilities in combination with your arranger keyboard are limitless and work really well through the Apple devices. However, I am stuck with ever increasing limitations with my present iPad2 model in regards to speed, processing power, and memory, but the Pro model would certainly address these issues.

I looked at your virtual instrument app examples. The best Pipe Organ apps are from Markus Sigg and I used the Pitea, Burea, and Jeux d'orgues pipe organ apps.
Jeux d'orgues by Markus Sigg, Organ for iPad Demo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdXCimenJg8
What makes the organs sound really good is the builtin Convolution Reverb option. My iPad2 doesn't have the processing power or memory to run this reverb, but certainly the iPad Pro could.

Also MIDI Apps like Audiobus 2 can instantly allow switching from one organ app to another on my iPad2. Haven't uploaded the Audiobus 3 version yet, but MIDI capabilities keep getting better. The MIDI Wrench app now has 64 bit and Bluetooth LE MIDI support.

Another great drawbar organ type app is the Galileo Organ.
Galileo organ iPad app.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWRa_1Lmnuc
You can get some really wild sounds and effects different or to add to any arranger keyboard setup. Worth checking out.

The iPad virtual pianos still are poor quality. Even the audio samples from the Ravenscroff 275 Piano app are less quality then the worse piano sample on the Tyros 5. Even at over 800mb, the Ravenscroff doesn't sound that good to me.

I have seen some nice apps that work well with your Korg PA4x, just as Yamaha has nice apps that work well with their arrangers. I am presently using the Yamaha Music soft app with Dropbox to automatically manage files (WiFi)to and from my PC and the Tyros 5.

As I say, I most likely will upgrade to an iPad Pro, but waiting for the Yamaha Genos model first, to see how well that combo can serve me into the future. Maybe I won't need that largest iPad pro model if the Genos has a nice size screen to view sheet music.

Enjoy your posts and topics.
Marcus

#436044 - 08/16/17 03:54 AM Re: Ipad Pro 2017 [Re: Bachus]
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online