SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#416354 - 02/09/16 01:38 PM Re: Normally I don't sing... [Re: ]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
The bass line sounded a little synthetic to me....personal preference only. Sounded like a keyboard bass in the wrong register, but then, I didn't compare it to the original.

You're right. What was played contained lines "walking" up to the next change well before the hand position would have changed with conventional arranger play.

R.

#416356 - 02/09/16 02:33 PM Re: Normally I don't sing... [Re: captain Russ]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: captain Russ
The bass line sounded a little synthetic to me....personal preference only. Sounded like a keyboard bass in the wrong register, but then, I didn't compare it to the original.

You're right. What was played contained lines "walking" up to the next change well before the hand position would have changed with conventional arranger play.

The fretless bass of the original version is indeed unusually high. This is the original video, remarkable visual tricks for its time of 1986:

Edited by rosetree (02/09/16 02:39 PM)

#416359 - 02/09/16 03:58 PM Re: Normally I don't sing... [Re: ]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Now I see it! Your recording of the bass line does not have that fretless "hum" that is generated when the note is hit hard, and there is minimal sliding....again, not bad or wrong, but must be what I'm used to hearing and the way I'd play it.

Good overall job!

Russ

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online