SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#405963 - 07/30/15 06:16 PM Re: G70 Wonderful Tonight.... [Re: Dnj]
KORG80 Offline

By that time hopefully they'll have a harmonizer worthy of the Tyros name. Up here in Canada they are about $6000.
God Bless,
Don

#405964 - 07/30/15 06:45 PM Re: G70 Wonderful Tonight.... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Canadians, UK and Ausies really get screwed with VAT and import taxes when it comes to arranger keyboards, at least that's the way it appears to me. Our idiot past governor tried proposing a VAT in Maryland - he's lucky someone didn't put a bullet in him. Instead, he raised and instituted 42 new taxes in the 8 years he was in office. Now, that's how you kill an economy - tax the Hell out of the businesses and they get fed up and leave the state high and dry.

I agree with Donny about the bulk of the Tyros. It's not really all that heavy, but it's big and bulky and when you lug this stuff in and out of a couple locations every day of the week, it makes a HUGE difference.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#405973 - 07/30/15 08:48 PM Re: G70 Wonderful Tonight.... [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Not just the federal GST (lovingly known up here as the Gouge and Screw Tax) and import taxes, Gary. The US/CDN exchange rate sucks big time at the moment, too. The T5 is six grand here too, and we don't even have a Provincial Sales Tax tacked on here in Alberta.

#405975 - 07/30/15 09:02 PM Re: G70 Wonderful Tonight.... [Re: Dnj]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Dnj’s comments about the Tyros 5 are mine exactly,---“it's too big, no speakers, and is just is too much KB for my needs on stage for everyday gigging.” I’m wondering now why I bought it. I much prefer the S950, which I just sold. Got the S970 on order. Hope it’s an improvement in many ways.

#405981 - 07/31/15 04:24 AM Re: G70 Wonderful Tonight.... [Re: J. Larry]
Dnj Offline

I think I'll wait for the S980 at this point.

#406046 - 07/31/15 03:05 PM Re: G70 Wonderful Tonight.... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: Bachus
Which got me wondering Donny, wondering what arranger is in your future? I am not surprised to see you like this after you left your trusted S950 behind..

When did you play a T5 for the last time?

bachus.....I love the S950 it does what I need it to do for my needs at this time,......yes I have tried many others but Yamaha for now is my choice in arrangers,.......I am very sure the Tyros 5 is even more & no doubt the best sounding arranger KB on the market right now, But, although I know it sounds freaking amazing the fact that it's too big, no speakers, and is just is too much KB for my needs on stage for everyday gigging. But some day if I ever stop performing I would definitely buy a TYROS ???? for home use.

But i tought you sold the s950 and went to SD7 and PA900 or did you fool me?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#406047 - 07/31/15 03:12 PM Re: G70 Wonderful Tonight.... [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Quote:

bachus I think you missed a step?......
Sold S950>....>SD7>...>PA900> those didn't work out....
Bought another S950 !! keys

Learned a big lesson. wink

#406073 - 08/01/15 03:15 AM Re: G70 Wonderful Tonight.... [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Quote:

bachus I think you missed a step?......
Sold S950>....>SD7>...>PA900> those didn't work out....
Bought another S950 !! keys

Learned a big lesson. wink

Yes, i did miss that step... tought you where still wandering in the lands of the drifters...

Good to hear you are back on track.. i hope the drifting was not to expensive.. if you would have asked me yesterday, i would have predicted a 970 in your future...

But then, there is not that much of an upgrade in the 970..

In the end, we all have different want and needs...

I got my hands on an old rack of synths mostly 20th century stuff, quite cheap, i am cleaning them up and enjoying them... the good thing about buying used gear is that you can make a profit on them when done smart...

However, i am afraid that buying a new SD7 and then selling it has cost you some good hardearned dollars... but then no experience comes for free..

Same goes for the G70, i have bought one about a year ago for my neffews, its a beatifull piece, sounds great, and they learned the basics of keyboard playing on it...

After summer they will be switching to piano lessons from a real teacher (thats way smarter then using their uncle as a teacher) and will be getting the new Casio Privia PX560M, which has a very nice piano keybed for the kind of money they be asking.... I will be selling their G70 and my sister will probably even make some money on it after them playing it for a year...

Switching used gear can be a wise thing and make you some money while doing so...

But then, if i was a performing musician, i think i would only switch if the new instrument was backward compatible and all my songs styles and performances still worked on the new instrument..

Edited by Bachus (08/01/15 03:21 AM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#406085 - 08/01/15 07:30 AM Re: G70 Wonderful Tonight.... [Re: travlin'easy]
Marcus Offline

Loc: Canada
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Canadians, UK and Ausies really get screwed with VAT and import taxes when it comes to arranger keyboards, at least that's the way it appears to me. Our idiot past governor tried proposing a VAT in Maryland - he's lucky someone didn't put a bullet in him. Instead, he raised and instituted 42 new taxes in the 8 years he was in office. Now, that's how you kill an economy - tax the Hell out of the businesses and they get fed up and leave the state high and dry.

I agree with Donny about the bulk of the Tyros. It's not really all that heavy, but it's big and bulky and when you lug this stuff in and out of a couple locations every day of the week, it makes a HUGE difference.

All the best,

Gary cool

We have (HST)sales tax here in Ontario, Canada, but good prices can still be found. At a local music store where I tried out a Ketron Audya, their selling a Tyros 5-76 for $5,200 CAD, which is $3,975 USD, with a list price shown as $6,999 CAD. My second backup Tyros 5-61 had even a much better price.

You get what you pay for, or willing to pay for.

Marcus

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-piano-keyboard/st...gationFlag=true

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online