SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#403218 - 06/07/15 09:47 PM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: ianmcnll]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

I certainly wish most of you guys lived closer...there are only very few arranger players in my area.

Ian of the North

So "Ian of the North," today is certainly your lucky day!

I checked in to see if Donny posted his “right out of the box” video? Turns out I'm more concerned about your "dilemma" up there in the North Pole.

"Ian of the North".....your post here has brought out the philanthropic/benevolent side of me. I decided that If you can’t come to the party, I’m going to bring the party to you, right there in Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia.

I just made an arrangement with Gary. I chartered his boat for a week and hired him as skipper, navigator, steward, submarine spotter, whale watcher, shark hunter, and AD.....head of the music committee for onboard entertainment.

We’re bringing an elite list of passengers: me, Bill Lewis, Fran (complete with G-70) Sparky, Boo, Peter Bartmanns, Humphrey Bogart, etc and anyone else who can afford the $1.99 ticket fee (and if we leave on a Tuesday, Gary has promised us an additional Senior Citizen discount).

The only thing holding us up right now is Don Mason. He’s presently in Texas doing a major oil deal. From there he will be picking up 1,000 head of cattle and driving them (and a 9-pack of Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders) on horseback all the way to the stockyards here in NJ. Once they get here we can start the journey.

http://wallpaperts.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Dallas-Cowboys-Cheerleaders1.jpg

We’ll make our way up the coastline and pick up Steve and Tony Mads (after he gets back from his "Around the World in 80 Days" trip).

PLUS.......a BONUS : Frankie V has graciously offered to bring his whole store together with the parking lot right to your front yard for the entire week.

Plus.....a pallet loaded down with 600 of our world famous White Castle hamburgers!

Donny can come but only if he brings us a video of him playing a KMA “right out of the box!”

Ian of the North......we’re going to make you “King For A Day” right there where you live in the “entertainment capitol of the world”.....Cape Breton Island in Nova Scotia.

MARK

#403219 - 06/07/15 10:20 PM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: mirza]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: mirza
Mark, have a little faith in people.

Mirza.....

I've given this some serious thought, meditated over it, slept on it, consulted Budha about it, discussed it with Donald Trump, presented it to the Wise Oracle, sent it to Dear Abbey, and I came to the conclusion......

"You have too MUCH faith in people!"

Otherwise.....you wrestled with me over an issue in the Bar, but you always maintained your dignity and civility in your posts to me, and though we didn't agree on anything, I enjoyed your pleasant banter.....you're an OK guy in my book!

MARK

#403228 - 06/08/15 06:43 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Mark, I'll have to set sail in the next few day. Keep in mind that Cape Breton only has two seasons - July 4th and WINTER! I'm always reluctant to sail to coastal regions where there are no palm trees, sugar white sand and turquoise colored seawater. That's why I've already scheduled a southbound trip to the Florida Keys, Dry Tortugas and Bahamas beginning October 1st. With luck, we can set up a Florida Keys Synthzone Jam this winter, fly Ian of the north down for a winter vacation and he can charter a jet, pick up Donny, UD and Fran along the way, then swing west and lure Don Mason out of LA. It's sure nice to bask in those 75 to 80 degree temperatures in the middle of January.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#403232 - 06/08/15 08:25 AM Re: Finally got to play Micro Arranger today [Re: travlin'easy]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Mark, I'll have to set sail in the next few day. Keep in mind that Cape Breton only has two seasons - July 4th and WINTER!

Yep...Winter, and one day of bad snow skiing.

Seriously, we often have barbarically hot summers, as in direct contrast with the brutally cold winters, and fall here is absolutely beautiful with all those great autumn leaves and Cape Breton's legendary Cabot Trail.

A place of extremes, is Cape Breton.

All the same, it sure would be nice if it was easier for us guys to all get together...it would be a hoot for sure.

Ian

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online