SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#396340 - 11/24/14 12:40 PM He's BAAACK...!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Yes, sore rotator, knee, Rosacia in the eye...old age...whatever, I'm back among the living and anxious to keep playing.

I bought a cabin on a small lake near Louisville, where the studio work is. I'll go there every other Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I'm building a building behind that will house a small studio, rehearsal area, photo studio, image editing suite and 6 residential guest units.

I'm going to sponsor a summer jazz camp; an off-shoot of the guitar club I'm involved with; hopefully, with advice from Jamey Aedersold, a casual acquaintance whom I greatly admire. He's the "minus one" guy...and a prolific music educator and publisher. His operation is in New Albany, just across the river.

I'll go to my little place in Stanford on opposite Sunday's to run the family businesses (food marts, farms, rental properties, commercial rental property). It's a little cabin on the side of a mountain, accessible by 4-WD.

I'll keep my Wed thru Saturday gig at a country club in Lexington, and do my 6 weeks out of town.

My oldest son is the operations manager of my production company in Lexington, so I'll rely more on him, and can do copy, story boards, audio rough. etc. from any of the three locations.

This will give me the best of all worlds. I'll be playing at least 4 nights, recording 30 hours per week of national quality work, staying involved with my little kids in Louisville...working with my senior citizens charity....everything I am crazy about.

Louisville is 90 miles from Lexington, and Stanford is in-between. I'll be 12 days a month out of town; 18 days in Lexington, and still be able to do equipment demos, one nighters when they come up, etc.

I just needed to get off my lazy ass and re-prioritize.

OH, I'll be getting a Bass tracker pontoon boat and a smaller runabout. No sailboats where I live....DAMN! And, a NEW on/off road Motorcycle! YEA!

Russ

Edited by captain Russ (11/24/14 12:43 PM)

#396350 - 11/24/14 04:25 PM Re: He's BAAACK...! [Re: captain Russ]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
And in the meantime, I will continue farming. I am currently growing corn......one on each cheek of my butt. I admire Russ's values and all but as far as his work ethic, I tend to lean more toward Ian's. Many people have worked themselves to death, but as far as I know, nobody has rested to death (Ian and I may be the first).

Of course I'm kidding.....sort of. There is no better experience than being immersed in the things that bring us joy and satisfaction (not to mention money smile ). Of course this needs to be balanced with normal health considerations and I'm sure Russ will delegate those things that could constitute a health risk.

In the meantime, go get 'um Russ.

chas

#396353 - 11/24/14 05:09 PM Re: He's BAAACK...! [Re: captain Russ]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm proud of you, Russ - bout time! Now, if you buy a sailboat bigger than mine and make the great loop, you'll be right up there with some of us really old codgers. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#396354 - 11/24/14 05:17 PM Re: He's BAAACK...! [Re: captain Russ]
Dnj Offline

Good Luck Russ!!

#396367 - 11/25/14 07:57 AM Re: He's BAAACK...! [Re: cgiles]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: cgiles
I am currently growing corn......one on each cheek of my butt.

LOL. Sounds a little like you are 'stalking' Russ.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online