floppy drive malfunction

Posted by: Anonymous

floppy drive malfunction - 07/08/01 04:08 AM

Hi there. Can someone please help me out: I'm using since 1995 one of the last manufactured SD-1 without any problems whatever, but last week he started displaying some error mensages when I'm trying to load, save or format any data from the floppy drive. I bought a cleaning diskette but result was the same. Do I need to replace the floppy drive for a new one? I have some notions of eletronic, Can it be done at home, and finally, does it need any special floppy drive, or a regular one can do the trick?
Posted by: apples1

Re: floppy drive malfunction - 07/21/01 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by kurz:
Hi there. Can someone please help me out: I'm using since 1995 one of the last manufactured SD-1 without any problems whatever, but last week he started displaying some error mensages when I'm trying to load, save or format any data from the floppy drive. I bought a cleaning diskette but result was the same. Do I need to replace the floppy drive for a new one? I have some notions of eletronic, Can it be done at home, and finally, does it need any special floppy drive, or a regular one can do the trick?

Check out Route 66 Studios at: www.hometown.aol.com/mishon66/index.html
they have all kinds of NEW replacement floppy drives instock.
Richard