Emu E-Synth/ Delta 66 help needed

Posted by: Anonymous

Emu E-Synth/ Delta 66 help needed - 11/12/00 10:38 AM

Hellow fellow Emu musicians.

My problem is that I am trying to hook up my Emu E-synth to use with my recently aquired Delta 66 production audio module. The Delta has 4 ins and 4 outs as well as 1 S/PIDF in/out.

Would anyone please advise me on how I can sync my E-Synth to Cubase VST/Cakewalk/Sonic Foundry.

I'd be gratefull for any help with the E-Synth which Iv had for over 4 months and I would really like to put it through it's paces instead of it just collecting dust.

regards,

Eugene
Posted by: fvicente

Re: Emu E-Synth/ Delta 66 help needed - 11/12/00 02:22 PM

Hi,

What do you mean by "sync my E-Synth to Cubase VST/Cakewalk/Sonic Foundry"?

If you're trying to record it digitally, you'll need the D/WAM board which has AES/EBU i/o on it. You cannot directly connect it to your s/pdif i/o but I think that there is a switch in EOS which allows you to switch the signal to s/pdif and then you only need a custom s/pdif cable (75 ohm) with rca on one end and XLR on the other.

If you simply want to record it using the analog outputs, all you need to do is connect 4 of the E-Synth outs to the 4 ins of the Delta card and record.

HTH,
Fernando
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Emu E-Synth/ Delta 66 help needed - 11/12/00 10:50 PM

Hi,

thanks for the reply.

As far as what I mean by syncing it with the software is I want to be able to use my e-synth with my pc, meaning be able to sequence on the PC using the sound libraries on the e-synth and its abilities.

Also Im not exactly sure which exact cables I need to hook this whole shindig up.

The s/pdif I would use to trasfer samples from pc to the emu and vice versa digitally, I can do this correct?

regards,

Eug
Posted by: fvicente

Re: Emu E-Synth/ Delta 66 help needed - 11/14/00 12:33 PM

Hi,

Yes, you should be able to do this. I have not done this myself but I recall reading that the digital connection supported s/pdif even though it uses XLR connectors.

In order to use a sequencer with it, you need a midi interface. You can get by using a midi interface on your soundcard (I don't know if the Delta has one but Soundblasters do) but I would recommend a dedicated midi interface as they generally have better midi timing.

All you need is the appropriate midi cables and you're good to go.

HTH,
Fernando