EMU E-64 Filters & Samples

Posted by: DJBlackbird

EMU E-64 Filters & Samples - 05/16/00 01:03 PM

Hi, does anyone know if i can assign midi controllers to filters in the Emu E-64?

Maybe one of you can make things more clear to me about the method Emu handles to store samples. I'd like to place one sample on each midichannel, so that i can choose like 16 samples in the Emu (till i run out of mem offcourse). I can't seem to store the samples i sampled in a proper way. Anyone have some tips for me?

thanks!

------------------
C. Boer
DJ / Producer
Posted by: EarWax

Re: EMU E-64 Filters & Samples - 05/19/00 07:31 AM

Hi, Yes you can asign midicontrollers to to filter... Not sure how you do it on a E64, I have an Esynth... dunno if it is the same EOS

EarWax

Re: EMU E-64 Filters & Samples - 05/21/00 10:27 AM

Hi, i have EOS 2.00d (old?) in my E-64 and i don't know how to connect a midi cntroller number to all the cords that make the filters.
Eg. Cutoff and Resonance, how do i assign controllers that can be controlled by : a) a controller on another synth, b) control changes in cakewalk.

Does your E-synth organise your samples in presets and banks too? I can't seem to get it right, i want to assign 16 different samples to channels 1 to 16, but i can't. Any idea?

------------------
C. Boer
DJ / Producer
Posted by: Jason

Re: EMU E-64 Filters & Samples - 06/11/00 10:29 PM

The E64 and E4 series of samplers handle sounds in differnet levels. You have:
1. Samples - the actual raw sample data,
2. Presets - up to 128(?) samples can be layered together to make up ONE preset voice.
3.) Multi Setup where you can take up to 16 Preset Voices and assign them to a midi channel. (32 Preset voices if you have the extra Midi card installed..)

Assign 1 sample to a Preset Voice, then Assign that voice in a Multi. Pick any channel you want within the Multi setup.

Now Controllers...

1. Assign a controller number to the Emu A-H controllers (in the Master Midi setup). This is your choice... for example: the Emu defaults the A-H controllers to 21-28---you could choose to assign these to whatever you want. You then assign your keyboard's sliders (wheels, knobs, etc..) to the SAME CONTROLLER NUMBER as the sampler. So, for example, if the Emu controller's A=21 / B=22 / C=23 / D=24 then you assign your keyboard's sliders as follows:
Slider 1 = 21 / slider 2 = 22 / Mod wheel = 23 / data wheel = 24. You get the picture.

2. You now have to assign the controller to DO something in the Emu. You do this in the preset edit. For example, by editing the preset you can assign MIDI A to effect PITCH @ 50% level. Now when you move slider 1 on your keyboard (assigned to controller 21, which in turn = Emu MIDI A controller assignment), the Emu preset will change pitch.

Clear as mud? Cool....

Regards,

Jason

Re: EMU E-64 Filters & Samples - 06/17/00 07:56 PM

Hmm, maybe i overlook the way that Emu defines samples, presets and baks, but i cant seem to assign a sample to a preset in a way so that i can assign the presets to the 16 channels i have... I do it by the book, but it does not work. I sample new raw data and "place" it, so it gets into a preset, right? Once placed, i stay in preset manage but can't play the sound. What am i missing here?

Another question: I can't seem to read emu sample cd's from my hooked up cdrom drive via scsi. it simply says that there are no banks on that device... are the cd's uncompatible or must i load them in another way?

thanks

Charles