JV 1080 or Proteus 2000?

Posted by: Anonymous

JV 1080 or Proteus 2000? - 06/30/99 07:12 PM

I want to buy a sound module, Proteus 2000 or JV 1080 and I cannot decide which one is better for me. I like presets more and I need specially good string sound (more realistic) . Please help me if you have any idea.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: JV 1080 or Proteus 2000? - 07/06/99 07:27 PM

Well. The old saying goes: What sounds best to you is the one to buy. I can offer this as I own a Roland SC-880 and the Proteus. The Roland modules have a brighter, punchier sound with presence. The Proteus sounds great but you will sacrifice some audio quality. You may not notice this depending on what you are playing the modules through. I use 2 Roland KC-500 keyboard amps each having a 15" woofer and 4" horn tweeter. I can easily tell the difference between the two modules. The woodwinds, strings (pads), analog effects, and acoustic guitars are really good on the Proteus. The Rolands are good for everything else. Just go to a music store and A / B the synths in studio monitors or a keyboard amp of high quality and you'll see. I think it is important to have a module that has near CD quality so when you print to tape or DAT you have a polished sound. So, if you are going to have only one module, get the Proteus 2000. It's versatile, but not great.