Radio Shack Keyboards made by Casio?

Posted by: Anonymous

Radio Shack Keyboards made by Casio? - 03/10/05 09:41 PM

I went to a RadioShack in NH this evening. To look at the keyboard selection.

All of them were Radio Shack brand. When I asked the storekeeper if they had any Casio or Yamaha in stock, he said, no but that all those Radio Shack keyboards were made by Casio for RadioShack.

While I know all of them, good or bad, come from China these days, is this shopkeeper's claim true?
Posted by: quietDIN

Re: Radio Shack Keyboards made by Casio? - 03/11/05 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by columbiapike:
...he said, no but that all those Radio Shack keyboards were made by Casio for RadioShack.
...is this shopkeeper's claim true?

Probably. For example, the RS MD-1800 (42-4062) is a Casio WK-3000. The main difference between Radio Shack units and Casio ones seems to be the price. It appears that RS charges about 25% more than equivalent Casio-branded units typically sell for.

--Barry

[This message has been edited by quietDIN (edited 03-11-2005).]
Posted by: Frostbyte

Re: Radio Shack Keyboards made by Casio? - 03/16/05 07:12 AM

I used to work at Casio back in the late 80's, and we manufactured the Concertmate series for Radio Shack. I assume this is still probably true today.
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: Radio Shack Keyboards made by Casio? - 03/16/05 07:57 AM

Yup it's still true today. Radio Shack still sells the Casio keyboards, but with their Radio Shack names. Such as concertmate, ect. Their prices have in the past for these boards been on the higher side compared to the exact same board carrying the Casio name.

Squeak
Posted by: lowfrequencyoscillator

Re: Radio Shack Keyboards made by Casio? - 03/17/05 06:14 PM

All the Radio Shack keyboards are made by Casio . They used to sell the Moog Rogue under the Concertmate name . It was actually better than the original Moog , which was not hard to do . The Oscillators were independantly controllable , and it had a simple polyphonic square wave oscillator . The original Moog didn't have that , no wonder they went under .