Casio WK3000 Intro/Ending

Posted by: j h rubin

Casio WK3000 Intro/Ending - 12/23/05 07:09 AM

My WK3000 often plays an Intro instead of an Ending. Is this a known fault, and is it possible to fix? It happens with both buttons, but always plays an Intro when starting.
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: Casio WK3000 Intro/Ending - 12/23/05 08:22 AM

Your Casio upon start of the style, buttons 1 and 2 are (both) assigned to an intro. intro 1 is a longer version, and intro 2 is a shorter version.

While the style is playing the same goes for the ending. Pressing either 1 or 2 will fuction just the same. One giving you a longer ending, and the other giving you a shorter ending.

If in the middle of playing a style and you press either 1 or 2 and you get an (intro) while the style is playing then something is wrong.

Squeak

Re: Casio WK3000 Intro/Ending - 12/23/05 09:28 AM

Thank you Squeak, but of course I know something is wrong. But how can it be fixed?
Posted by: squeak_D

Re: Casio WK3000 Intro/Ending - 12/23/05 09:39 AM

That's an internal problem with the board. Something within the electronics is crossed or something.

This sounds like something for a service repair center. You'd need a schematic and an understanding of electronics to fix this one.

Squeak

Re: Casio WK3000 Intro/Ending - 12/23/05 12:24 PM

Thanks. I suspected it would not be something I could fix myself. This is one time when I wish I had bought at a store and not on-line, as it would not be so easy to claim under warranty, particularly as I bought in the UK, then took the keyboard to Spain. I guess I will have to live with it.......
Posted by: Fran Carango

Re: Casio WK3000 Intro/Ending - 12/23/05 01:27 PM

Try a factory reset..
Posted by: Nigel

Re: Casio WK3000 Intro/Ending - 12/23/05 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Try a factory reset..

Yes, Fran is dead right. Always do a software reset before you decide the hardware is the problem. A reset often fixes problems.
Posted by: quietDIN

Re: Casio WK3000 Intro/Ending - 12/24/05 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Yes, Fran is dead right. Always do a software reset before you decide the hardware is the problem. A reset often fixes problems.

Agreed; the flash memory may be corrupted. A system reset (InitSys) may fix the problem. See page E-80 of the manual. It sometimes also helps to disconnect the power supply (and remove batteries, if installed) for a while.

You may want to backup things before you try any of this, since a reset will cause loss of user data.

--Barry