Recording with WK3000

Posted by: Anonymous

Recording with WK3000 - 02/01/05 02:54 PM

Hey all. I really need some help with this issue. I am currently recording a song on my Fostex MR-8 and I started to lay down the keyboard line by using a cable running from the WK3000 Line out/Sustain Pedal jack to my MR-8 line in.

All I get is a pop everytime I press a key, no actual keyboard. It's vital I can record with the WK3000 using it's line out. I checked my MR-8 Line In and it works perfectly with my guitar. ANY help, or anywhere that you can direct me for help I would appreciate VERY much. Thank you all!
Posted by: quietDIN

Re: Recording with WK3000 - 02/01/05 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rc86:
Hey all. I really need some help with this issue. I am currently recording a song on my Fostex MR-8 and I started to lay down the keyboard line by using a cable running from the WK3000 Line out/Sustain Pedal jack to my MR-8 line in.

All I get is a pop everytime I press a key, no actual keyboard. It's vital I can record with the WK3000 using it's line out.

Unfortunately, the WK-3000 doesn't have line output. You'll need to use the headphone jack for your purpose. Besides using a proper cable, the only other concern is that you set the Casio's output at a level that results in good signal-to-noise without overload. That might require a bit of experimenting with volume/level controls on the Casio and Fostex.

I hope that helps.

--Barry