WK-1200 (help please jim)

Posted by: Anonymous

WK-1200 (help please jim) - 06/04/05 02:31 PM

I am posting this because I was told that I could get help from someone named jim w. possibly. Ok..
My WK 1200 has served me well for a long time, but the sustain pedal (that i purchased seperately) isnt working. It was a slow death, and i dont think its a problem with the pedal. I used to have to fidget the cord around where it goes into the "assignable jack" spo, but it would always eventually work. Is it possible that the place where the plug goes in is just loose? it does seem to turn. Please help if possible.
Thankyou, please email if possible
ashba.1@osu.edu

------------------
Kevin Ashba
Posted by: Jim Wintringham

Re: WK-1200 (help please jim) - 06/05/05 03:34 AM

Hi Kevin, The footswitch is basiclly just an 'off/on' switch (like a light switch)...so you are probably correct that it is the jack giving you the problem. Just to make sure....many pedals have a 'switch' on them, that can reverse the 'open or closed' action of the pedal. Like if it is normally open contacts, pressing the pedal will close the contact, or the reverse...if the switch is put on the other setting. That switch (if you have one) could be the problem. The jack is most likly 'mounted' directly on the Casio's circut board...and could have a loose connection ( a touch of a soldering gun to the connecting points would fix that), or the metal piece that contacts the 'tip' of the footswitch plug could be bent. If it is bent....you may be able to add a little 'tension' to the jack (by finding a small instrument to reach in the hole, and bend the metal piece toward the center of the hole.That would be the easy fix. The last option would be to replace the jack (you would need to find one with the same shape connecting points). Hope this will help you.